lamping hares

iceman, , a hare is alot easyer to run with a dog on a night time than to run one in the day, , but then again isnt most things ?? :hmm: , , rabbits are alot easyer, , foxes are easyer, e,t,c, so does that mean you dont run the humble bunny on a night time because they are easyer on a night time ???? would you prefer for all the lurcher men/lasses, to leave the odd hare on the night time so the numbers can get so big hare shoots have to be organised ? were they shoot a good few hundred on one day ? and then to go back again the next week and shoot the same amount ? bearing in mind that if they shoot 300 hares, maybe only 1 will run away injured or maybe 30+, as i have seen on many times, , atb all.

Very good,wise reply.

not that very wise love till go 2 all this spots with 100s off hares running about thats just bull shit in the uk the hare is big decline big time and its because off ppl lamping and shooting them u must be the same ppl that slip 3 4 dogs on a hare and a fox fox and rabbit run the same on the lamp just slow down at ditchs and thats there down fall but u most be kidding me if yea think that a hare on the lamp is the same as a hare during the day if yea think that your nuts ask any hare men that run there dogs single is there a diff but as l say every 1 till there own and shooting a hare is just out off order is ppl like u and your friends shooting and lamping hares thats y the ban was brought in so the brown hare can get its numbers back up

agree with u in a lot off things u said there is ppl out there that gives the good hunting men a bad name name a few in here but thats a diff story and where u live because never seen that flag before if u have so many hares net them yea get £100 a hare in ireland sorry euro

am not on here to argue, :angel: just to state my views, , you can come down here and i will show you well over 300 hares on day on a hare shoot, they are not in a big decline around here, personally i dont think any dogs in my kennels could catch a hare in the day :icon_redface: , , and no i dont go around slipping 3/4 dogs on 1 hare or fox, , and i never said a hare on the lamp is the same as a hare on a day, , ???, and yes you must be right, its the way that we control hares that enforced the ban, :blink: , , the ban has nothing to do with idiots smashing gates down, racing around fields in number of trucks, and slipping stupid amount of dogs on hares, , then when mr farmer comes along and tells them to f**k of, he gets his farm wrecked, e,t,c, , ???? :hmm: , its the idiots that do them stupid things, that are giving us honest lads a bad name, atb, ,

well said !!!!

ophs, :icon_redface:

i said that didnt i, ,

sorry am not use to this typing thing yet, :D

ophs sorry again, , i dint see your reply at the top of mine, , it must be all this excitment with you lot talking to me, , its like having mates, , :icon_redface:

and i dont know were i come from, very confusing, :hmm:

you bring the nets, we will go halfs on the catch, and become very rich men, ;) atb,

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont entertain the fool Joe,   if the ''MAN'' cant ring you... Well what does that say....   End of

So say the rules then,   If you cant ring the fella, what are you hideing? That anit no way to go about things is it now?,

i think hares should be left to breed for long time then as someone mentioned earlier organise a big hare shoot. hares are a big part of our irish hunting heritage and should be allowed to get their numbers bk up.

HUNTING HARES IN IRELAND IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY THAN IN ENGLAND. HARES ARE LEFT FOR THE DAYTIME FOR THE COURSING LADS OR THE MANY FINE PACKS OF HOUNDS THIS ISLAND HAS. ANYONE SHOOTING A HARE IN IRELAND SHOULD HAVE THE GUN TAKEN OF THEM AND BEAT ROUND THE HEAD WITH IT. :angry:

totally agree tassa iv never shot a hare,i think they are magnificent animals and if they need controlling control them with dogs in the day time.If your dog cant kill them in the day then you have no right lamping them.I wouldn kill another mans sport ,i dig and hunt foxes and rabbits and thats why i never hunt hares

my beddy whippet x collie grey nearly 15 month caught 4 lamped hares single handed the first nite she ever saw one. then had her out during day n only caught 1 n that was dubled up with a 4 yr old 3/4 saluki x 1/4 greyhound. thats the difference!!!!!

i think all the people that slag off running hares at night have never done it,the hare still knows where its going and if its fit can still give even the best dogs the run around,and the way things stand at the moment far less on top!

never lamped one never will its a thing that was taught to me from an early age its called having respect for your quarry most dogs could kill one at night it doe,snt make it a hare dog totally different animal in the day seen men get there head punched in for bragging about killing hares on the lamp, but it goes on it always will but dont kid yourselve,s that you,ve got hare dogs
Great Quote :good::good:
totally disagree with you iceman foxing daytime is a lot easier than at night. the other problem with running a hare (pre ban) during the day is that if they get to the gate the dog then has a risk of being killed whereas at night there aren't many cars so less chance of a collision.

any dog running a rabbit or hare has a chance off dying seen many a dog breaking its neck driving in at a hare and fox so l think your wrong

you are right but rabbits and foxes usually head for a hedge whereas the hare will head for the gate unless he immensely pressed to clapping. so if he runs a rabbit or a fox he goes to another field and there won't be a car in there whereas if he runs the hare he could easily run on the road and get hit by a car.

so personally i think your incorrect and my theory is correct

joe

Disagree a Hare at night if it runs fast enough can run out of the lamps sight but during the day it can be seen by the dog every step of the way.

Had a saluki cross she was better in the day than at night..

A HARE WILL FIND IT HARD TOO GET OUT OFF THE BEAM OVER HERE IN THE SMALL PADDOCKS OF FIELDS WE HAVE. THEY WILL BE OFF THEIR PAD AND RUN IN CIRCLES PUZZLED AND EVENTUALLY TIRE.

IT TAKES A GOOD DOG TO LIFT A HARE DURING THE DAY, A VERY AVERAGE DOG COULD LIFT ONE ON THE LAMP.

PENNY, IS THEIR FOREIGNERS HUNTING DOWN YOUR WAY??

There are a few lamping hares all the time, we cant get a course day time very few hares about.

I live up in northern ireland,and sometimes wish the troubles had never stopped,as now the bloody forieners arre everywhere,They're ferreting,lamping,fishin,poaching.Nettin hares for a £100 a time.Theyve tookn tey gettin bunny's for the greyhound men,and have intimidated the lads that used tey get a bit o pocket money from it.They steel whatever they take a fancy to,and some other poor bugger gets done for it.Ive pulled them twice on the river bank,for havin no club ticket,never mind rod licences,and they pulled an fn knife on me.They do the same,wey the farmers.As for lamping hares.Its a big no no with me.I once went out with a bloke,after a couple of seeka,for the freezer.Before i knew what the dogs were on,i heard the distict cry of a caught hare.The next statement stunned me.When he said thats 84 this season now.So i asked him how many of that number were daytime hairs.The aswer was none.I was horrified.Was no bloody wonder we couldnt get a run through the day.Im sure you have all heard the story,or the song.About the white hare of greegan,the creegan white hare.As it goes.Well that song was penned,about ahare not 2 miles from where i live.They came from all parts of ireland.With all sorts of dogs.But in 3 seasons,still couldnt catch him.In the end.Some dirty B.....D SHOT HIM.sO I DONT NLIKE TO SEE HARES SHOT EITHER.I went out another time.With a lad of about 18.Who wanted to see my blaze dog working a good mountain hare.After about half an hour,he said.Wait here a minute.I want to check summit.He came back sayin the dirty f....r of a fox must have got them.Got what i said.The 3 hares Tyson caught on the lamp,the other night.Not only did he needlesly slaughter 3 hares on the lamp.But the lazy f....r,couldnt even carry them home,and make some sort of use out o them.

Edited by Bilyboy45

so why is there a difference lamping and shooting them or dogging them on the lamp, at the end of the day fek the sport it should be grub on the table, i dont want to see my dogs running half a parish and coming back with an empty mouth, surely the point is being missed, i can go to tesco and buy what i want, but i choose not to, i have dogs that put meat on my table, so who cares about the morals of lamping hares with dogs, the fekking shooters go and kill hundreds and bury them no one says anything about that do they, but to lamp a hare according the men with dogs is a hanging offence. rant over!. hunt it, kill it, cook it, eat it, and stop being a load of pussy,s.

never lamped one never will its a thing that was taught to me from an early age its called having respect for your quarry most dogs could kill one at night it doe,snt make it a hare dog totally different animal in the day seen men get there head punched in for bragging about killing hares on the lamp, but it goes on it always will but dont kid yourselve,s that you,ve got hare dogs

see, when one sees replies like that it shows how inexperianced a person is,come here and i will produce 5 hares on the lamp and your coursing dog wont retreave 2 this lamping hares pre ban of coarse :clapper: is easy is the biggest load of bollox since the labour government got into power,grow up the lot of you and get out there and see how easy it is

your right benten, some places make it easy to kill in the day and hard at night. but i could put 20 daytime hares in front of you , and you would catch nothing :thumbs:

see, when one sees replies like that it shows how inexperianced a person is,come here and i will produce 5 hares on the lamp and your coursing dog wont retreave 2 this lamping hares pre ban of coarse :clapper: is easy is the biggest load of bollox since the labour government got into power,grow up the lot of you and get out there and see how easy it is

your right benten, some places make it easy to kill in the day and hard at night. but i could put 20 daytime hares in front of you , and you would catch nothing :thumbs:

Must agree with albert64.To some point.Yes two totally different animals,Try taking a three year old lurcher thats only worked (daytime) on the lamp.Its a fecking nightmare. and vice versa.Albert64 You can lamp and respect your quarry.atb. Catcher :thumbs:

am against it a hare is an athelte only ppl l know course hares at night is because there dogs are no good during the day every 1 knows that a hare on the lamp is nothing like a hare during the day and l read on this site alot off ppl shouting hares thats even worse what is the point l just dont know?????????? :angry::angry::angry:

i strongly agree with you mate

With all due respect mate.Your taking crap.To say a dog is no good during the day because some people prefer lamping is just foolish.Had dogs that could do both quite easily.And i would rather run my dogs by day anytime.Pre-Ban.atb. Catcher