wet dog

whatmethods do you guys use to dry off a wet dog after work or just out training and exercising. i have been told to leave him by one chap and dry him off with a towel by another but i heard that this can rub the water into the inner fur making him colder.

so whats best???

atb rob

i rub my spaniells down afterwards with a towel if their soaked, because they never seem to dry otherwise

thats what i have been doing so far, well as much as possible being as my pup always wants to chew the towel, i have heard about people using heat lamps

atb rob

i always rub them down,then they seem to be attracted to the fire for a couple of hours and seen to know when i'm thinking of feeding them :)

i know a guy who keeps his gsp outside and he has a pig lamp(infra red) whivh he leaves on for an hour.if kenneld together then i don't think its necessary if lots of dry straw/bedding is there.

how is the pup coming on?

i always rub them down,then they seem to be attracted to the fire for a couple of hours and seen to know when i'm thinking of feeding them :)

i know a guy who keeps his gsp outside and he has a pig lamp(infra red) whivh he leaves on for an hour.if kenneld together then i don't think its necessary if lots of dry straw/bedding is there.

how is the pup coming on?

he is getting on really well thanks bud, i put some pics up a few days back :victory:

I use Trover coats, toweling blanket style coats that are safe enough to leave them in over night if needs be. They are quite pricey so i would suggest waiting to your pup is full grown if you decide to buy 1. I think they are excellent and well worth the money spent, mine are 3 years old now and even with maximum use they look like new. :victory:

http://www.trovercoats.com/

I use Trover coats, toweling blanket style coats that are safe enough to leave them in over night if needs be. They are quite pricey so i would suggest waiting to your pup is full grown if you decide to buy 1. I think they are excellent and well worth the money spent, mine are 3 years old now and even with maximum use they look like new. :victory:

Looks just the thing i need for my ESS, it's got to be better than trying to dry him with a towel as he wont stay still long enough.

Thanks Hannah for the link

ATB Mick

Towel's for me.

I wouldnt use a heat lamp, Will probaly do more harm than good in the long run.

how do you work that one out?

as for the towelling coats they sound like they would just dry the top of the body leaving the legs and chest still cold and wet but thye look great quality

whatmethods do you guys use to dry off a wet dog after work or just out training and exercising. i have been told to leave him by one chap and dry him off with a towel by another but i heard that this can rub the water into the inner fur making him colder.

so whats best???

atb rob

my both cockers get towel dried before they come i the house they that used to it they come home and sit there in the garage til i do them