Standard Police Clearance check.

A friend want's to start up in cowboy action shooting and is getting ready to apply the range I'm a member of. He will need to join as a probationary member as he does not have a FAC, however he will need to pass a Police Clearance and he's worried as he has a Police caution.

I'm not sure of the actual charge, but he had been making racist remarks to someone. Not nice by any stretch, but not the end of the world either! He reckons it won't show up as it's not a criminal record but I said I would ask for him.

You know what the Plod can be like.

A friend want's to start up in cowboy action shooting and is getting ready to apply the range I'm a member of. He will need to join as a probationary member as he does not have a FAC, however he will need to pass a Police Clearance and he's worried as he has a Police caution.

I'm not sure of the actual charge, but he had been making racist remarks to someone. Not nice by any stretch, but not the end of the world either! He reckons it won't show up as it's not a criminal record but I said I would ask for him.

You know what the Plod can be like.

It will show up. If he doesn't tell them about it he definitely WILL NOT get clearance 'cos they will say he attempted to conceal material facts. If he tells them he might be ok.

Ric

my mate was asked if he had a criminal record or cautions he said no [this was when the guy was at his house to see him.]he had cautions 2 ! thought not to mention it ! he was asked again ,said no then the licensing officer looked at him and refused it there and then on the grounds of lieing about his record not cautions but his record!! they no everything

This is just the clubs standard check to make sure he is not a prohibited person. Surley a racist remark wont owneing firearms?

Granted he is a racist, but not a violent yob. At the end of the day they where only words.

The FAC/SGC application asks for ALL criminal details, INCLUDING motoring offences. The PNC is far from perfect but it does contain an awful lot of info!

If you lie you are likely to get shafted, if you tell the truth then appropriate consideration can be given!

Edited by Deker

my mate this my mate that! if its nothing it would not be a concern to mention it to a firearms officer at the end of the day if your willing to lye in the aplication process are your intentions true. these processes are put in place for a reason and if your 'mate' wants a definate answer why not speak to some one from a reputable shooting organisation such as basc...

my mate this my mate that! if its nothing it would not be a concern to mention it to a firearms officer at the end of the day if your willing to lye in the aplication process are your intentions true. these processes are put in place for a reason and if your 'mate' wants a definate answer why not speak to some one from a reputable shooting organisation such as basc...

He isn't applying for a FAC, read my first post. He is applying to join a rifle range and they will preform a standard police check. It's just to make sure he isn't a prohibited person i.e: been in prison for more than 5 years. He wishes to join as what's called a probationary member-you don't need a FAC for this.

Edited by LordGamebore

When i filled out the forms for my SGC it simple asked me if i had any convictions, and i told them the truth, no

but when he came round he new about my run in with the law and I told them the everything.

but if they ask you no questions, then you can't tell no lies ;)