Tail docking

unless they are born in ireland its not legal. you cannot get them legally docked in UK, as they are not one of the listed breeds that can be legally docked by a vet. if you do it you will be in deep deep doo do, and no vet can legally dock a rott in england. I know they look horrid with tails but that is the law. Some folk can get away with it with certian breeds simply because they are on the list and unless someone asks for the paperwork, they go largely unnoticed,...but rotts are not, and you simply cant get away with it.

how much will they be ?? are they kc reg ?? where in the country are you??

I was thinking around the 200 mark not realy sure not kc ,manchester.What would you think would be a reasonable price?probs give 20 back for derv money to.Talk bout counting your chickens before they hatch lol.Unfortunatly tails will NOT be docked.Sire dam

nice pair you got there mate, what blood lines sre they from??

you cant get away with docking a working breed without a vet cert,ive had people buy legally docjked pups only to find the new owners vet report the pups to the local authorities,luckily the paperwork was in order and my vet vouched for the litter....as the rotti s not one of the breeds that can be docke on working purposes i wouldnt entertain it!! only the army or police can get security dogs docked under legislation!

alright mate,if i was to buy a rotti i would want it to be docked,infact i think i would have to buy one from ire just so it was but no vet in this country will do it,i asked the vet who did my litter of spanials a few months back n he said spanials,terriers and pointers and thats it,he said you just cant get away with it,even if you produce shot gun certs etc.its a real shame and the law on this subject is a descrace but thats what we face every day with antis and animal rights activists n all that crap.atvb with the sale of your pups mate.looking at what they are coming out of im sure they will be belters....even with a long mongrel tail :D

sorry to jump on your thread but how can you prove a litter of terriers will be worked? howcan you prove how much work they do? what if you got a bitch not marked up with a long tail and want them docked this is such a wanky subject im lost.. i have a dog docked and not legal and a bitch with a long tail what if i lined them i use the dog for digging and the bitch for bushing how can i sort out which will work to ground to prove it works? sorry if im bein stupid

sorry to jump on your thread but how can you prove a litter of terriers will be worked? howcan you prove how much work they do? what if you got a bitch not marked up with a long tail and want them docked this is such a wanky subject im lost.. i have a dog docked and not legal and a bitch with a long tail what if i lined them i use the dog for digging and the bitch for bushing how can i sort out which will work to ground to prove it works? sorry if im bein stupid

apology accepted :clapper::clapper:

i have 2 young terriers that are docked 1 is only 16 weeks and the other is about 15 months they both had to be chipped and a s/g licence shown by owner to have them docked then when i went to the vets i took along my fac and s/g licence and produced it to her when she said oh these dogs are docked and i replied yes i work my dogs and here is my tickets she soon went quiet i said any problems and a reply was no everything in order and that was that and no come backs.btw cracking rotty's sire good lump of a dog boss got 5 of them.