Doing things on the cheap!

Right a few years ago, when I came home from living in the city, i decided to renew my interests in shooting, rabbiting fishing e.t.c. On a pretty tight budget, I bought a webley vulcan for £5! off a work mate, and set about reconditioning it. The results were if i'm honest pretty poor, home blueing was terrible despite a lot of prep of the metalwork before application, and didn't seem powerful enough. Any way ended up buying a lightning which i am very happy with, and put the vulcan into a gunsmiths to see if they could do anything about the apparent lack of power. After pretty poor service, i was given it back, and told they were sure it was knocking out about 9ft/lb, and knew what the problem was but couldn't get the parts.

So my question is, is it ever worth buying a significantly less than perfect air rifle, with a view to getting it fixed/reconditioned?

ill give you a fiver for it BARGAIN

9ft/lb would make a good close ratting gun

im sure chambers would have spares for it

atb

I had the webly vulcan when i was 18 im 40 this year, it was an awsome little rifle for the time for ratting and rabbiting, i loved it !!! Pitty it isnt in A1 condition, what a rifle that would be for a fiver its less then the tin of pellets you would buy for it . As for the lightning you might aswell have kept the old vulcan, at least theres a good excuse for it not being up to good standards. The lightning is pure shyt im sorry to say, you should have gone for Webly HW or AA BSA just arnt up to it these days, iv bought 5 BSA guns in less than 4 months all brand new and every single one had a fault of some kind. BSA :no::thumbdown::thumbdown:

For a fiver obviously i wasn't that bothered that it wasn't mint, spent about £80 quid on parts and the blueing kit, over the last few years, so i could have probably bought a tidysecondhand break barrel rifle for about that price. It's on long term loan at one of my permissions, so they can shoot rats, ferals, squirrels on the yard and in the barns. Had the bsa a couple of years now, and have been happy with it to be honest.

Reason i was asking is that my fishing buddy bought a hw35 for cheap, theres a problem with the trigger, you squeeze it and theres a delay before it fires, and i was wondering if it was worth trying to fix.

Reason i was asking is that my fishing buddy bought a hw35 for cheap, theres a problem with the trigger, you squeeze it and theres a delay before it fires, and i was wondering if it was worth trying to fix.

thats because trigger can be adjusted for travel aswell as pressure, still have original manual for 35 will lookit out for your mate

also a decent vulcan should be bang on or above the legal limit if tuned properly