BERT GRIPTON

a mates asked me to try and track down a book written by bert gripton . i dont know has he wrote a book he may have appeared on the cover of one .. if he did write a book any info on how to get hold of one would be helpfull or just to know if he wrote one or not i met and dug with the man as a youngster but lost contact as you do ,from what i remember he was on tv in the 80s on a documentary .. ??? :thumbs:

Edited by the_stig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Selwyn your memory is spot on .   I was close friends with Bert from the early 70's up until his death and particularly during the time he was terrierman to the Border Counties Otterhounds (BCOH)

I've no wish to disappoint anyone, or to offend. But Chalkywarren and others are 100% correct in their assertations that Bert never did get around to writing a book (beyond the hand written manuscript

I’d much rather say they were mistaken. When you get a man of Bert’s stature, a man who absolutely lived for his hunting more than anything else in the world and far beyond any material possessions. A

bullshit he wrote a few my dad was good mate's with him he once gave me an orniment of a tiger i was heart broken when my little sister broke it i still aint forgiven her and that was over 20 years ago lol :angry: i'll see if my old man has still got his book i remember bert giving him a sighned copy of the first 1 he wrote :thumbs:

Hi mate. the man never wrote a book. Indeed, the book he may be refering to was "Of Pedigree unknown " by Phil Drabble...
thanks jd i`ve managed to get the photo and i think your right on the phil drabble book . bert gave evidence for the lad in a badger digging case all free and offered his help without being asked .. went to buy a terrier from him in the 80s ended up on a 5 hour dig ..4 hours talking terriers after 10 hours at his we finally got a cup of tea then he told us to piss off coz he was knackerd .. :clapper:

:hmm: I have several letters here from Bert,...he was a good pal to me,.. at a time when I was real low... :yes:

He never wrote any books that I know of,.but his unique life as a Terrierman could certainly provide the ingredients for one :yes:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN.....

(Bert Gripton RIP.....) :notworthy:

gripton3.jpg

no looks like the lane he lived in earthy nice guess though know where your coming from :thumbs:
you still got any terriers with his line in em pikie ????? :whistling:

A KEEPER I KNOW HAD A PUP OF HIM IT WENT TO SUSSEX, THAT WAS 0VER 25 YEARS AGO I WAS AT DIG WITH HIM I WAS ONLY KID TOLD ME TO SIT OVER THERE, WISH ID HAVE HAD A CAMERA, THEM RUSSELS WERE ALL SHAPES AND SIZES , STARTER FOR TEN WHAT LETTER DID ALL HIS TERRIER NAMES START WITH ;)
bullshit he wrote a few my dad was good mate's with him he once gave me an orniment of a tiger i was heart broken when my little sister broke it i still aint forgiven her and that was over 20 years ago lol :angry: i'll see if my old man has still got his book i remember bert giving him a sighned copy of the first 1 he wrote :thumbs:

You sure he wrote a few....

I will stand corrected!! :notworthy:

NEVER DID :no::blink: