Jagdterrier

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik the bitch has scored in the first prize on all trials.( last was the verbandsschweisspruefung 100 hours old,full 100 points)

the kennel is "Vom schenkwald" if that is any good to you?

why would you think that the jagdterriers main job would be wild boar? is that true of the wachtelhund( quail dog,also often used on boar,blood trailing).

i would like to point out at this point that i'm not offering this to make a load of money but as the questions on jagdterrier this week at least seem to get enough comments like" where can we get one"

and i have someone who succesfully breeds them that it would offer itself to import more than one at once.

the question of innoculations etc must of course be sorted out upon any number of people showing serious interest.as posted 500 euro + transport costs,meaning costs due to transport( fuel,vets,etc etc).

the jagd is not a dog for the first time handler( is there such a dog in the terrier world?) but its by no means the dribbeling wild boar beast some seem to think it is. i would compare it to the patterdale,working fox terrier or parson russel who all have a healthy drive.

the jagd is in germany ONLY sold to people with a hunting licence for the sole reason that he should be bred workerxworker and not as the fox terrier who became fashionable and went downhill(sound familiar????) this is the reason that people split from them and bred the jagdterrier.

as to the comment on price,you buy a terrier for 150 euro and you may have a good dog.

eye tests etc would of course be done,otherwise they would not recieve any paperwork from the club.

steezy, ich kenne den jagd und hund magazine. wenn du ein welpen von top abstammung mit papiere fuer150 euro bekommen kanst dann biete sie hier an.

frag mal den herr beckmann was er dafuer haben moechte( er wohnt in rheine) auch bekannt fuer den westfalen terrier.

waidmannsheil.

steezy, ich kenne den jagd und hund magazine. wenn du ein welpen von top abstammung mit papiere fuer150 euro bekommen kanst dann biete sie hier an.

frag mal den herr beckmann was er dafuer haben moechte( er wohnt in rheine) auch bekannt fuer den westfalen terrier.

waidmannsheil.

no , i don´t want to say that you are looking for the money ...only said to erik ( who is my digging mate ) that they also can be bought cheaper ! but to be honest , and i bed im not staying allone here in this forum is a dog that cost less also of less working quality ? alot of terrierpeople here get their dog´s from friends for free ...are they now worth nothing as they cost nothing ?

the dog´s in the wild und hund magazin for 150 euros are pure german jagds without papers ! but they also written , no boars , no bloodtrailing or anything else just den work !!! and that is what the guys from here want to have ! you also will know that alot of jagds are too big for denwork , but not all and in that issue were the litter was also was written of smallersize , so that mean around that size of a medium sized patterdale ! i keep patterdales and not german jagds as i live in the 4 th floor and don´t need neighbors that hate me because of screaming and barking dog´s !

the german jagd of today is one of the best allrounders that is not the question but to find a good den worker that doing natural dens the way the guys here like it is also in theese days a rare type !

´Greetings

Steezy

no mate i'm not saying they are not good dogs if they dont cost £xx.i'm saying that this is a reasonable price for these dogs with papers.i'm sure if i wanted one it would be at cost/free.

selling jagd terrier without papers is not in the interest of the club( second litter in a year,eye tests failed,no trials etc etc) i have no problem taking a dog without paperwork when i know the breeder/dogs. or know someone who does.

as i said you may get a good dog.

the jagd terrier club pairs the terrier not only for workig ability but for size. the bitch is of a size suitable for earth work,if that is what is wanted so will the dog be.

where in germany are you bud?

You can find good sized jagdterriers for denwork easily, it's no problem. Bigger problem is the soundless dogs. I saw many and more jagds and all of them were very-very hard but just have seen a few who barked well under the ground. All I can say is the average jagdterrier is useless without locator. It comes from the artificial den contest fever. Most of the breeders selected their dogs for contests, and there the sound was the mark of fear and the barking dog never win any prize.

Guest eastmids
just did a little research on them,your right their wouldnt be much use for them over here they would do the job but are better served elsewhere.too big 15 inches to the shoulder.they use em to hunt grizzly.(i think :S) ATB.

id have thought there be as many 15inch dogs in the uk used for earthwork as any other size.

not too big at all

that may well be the case in hungary,in germany a jagd terrier MUST give tounge when working or will be classed as useless.he may shut up when he has his mouth full as this is only good manners :whistling:

i have worked with jagd above and to earth and have never failed to hear them.the row these boys make in contests/training on fox is not barking its screaming.

the trial "verbandsschweisspruefung" is a blood trailing( man made/dripped or tabbed) 100 hours old.from the group/organisation you belong to.

after this there is only natural blood trailing for the mortal dog( another mark on the paperwork).

i've done this trial( with teckel) and it takes alot of training/work.you must know your dog( after 100 hours the trail will be criss crossed with live tracks,indeed on mine a boar walked over the trail about 70m in front of me.seen only by judges walking behind).

no mate i'm not saying they are not good dogs if they dont cost £xx.i'm saying that this is a reasonable price for these dogs with papers.i'm sure if i wanted one it would be at cost/free.

selling jagd terrier without papers is not in the interest of the club( second litter in a year,eye tests failed,no trials etc etc) i have no problem taking a dog without paperwork when i know the breeder/dogs. or know someone who does.

as i said you may get a good dog.

the jagd terrier club pairs the terrier not only for workig ability but for size. the bitch is of a size suitable for earth work,if that is what is wanted so will the dog be.

where in germany are you bud?

Hope this work as i'm at work and play abit with the inet on the handy :-)! I'm in düsseldorf -near colone!

The Jagdterrier is the most gameness dog that i've seen in my life.

They have no fear and never feels pain, if you find the right bloodline it will be very clever and will give you great satisfaction.

I think that, at the moment, the best dogs are in Croatia because in Germany they breed too big dogs not always good for den, in Hungary, Slovakia, Polska etc. they breed too crazy dogs (we call them 12 second's dog... for the time that they need to be dead or alive) in France there are good dogs too, but not so game as the others. Here in Italy we have good dogs but not gameness and clever (but we ar working to breed top class Jagdterriers ;)) as Croatian, i think at the moment they are the best Jagdterrier breeders for fox and badger hunting (because in Croatia it is legal).

This is mine:

post-32403-1254062790_thumb.jpg

post-32403-1254062856_thumb.jpg

If you want to see some good dog, they breed jagds from over 35 years:

DELETE

for me, at the moment, one of the best breeder of the world.

Edited by Nino (Italy)
The Jagdterrier is the most gameness dog that i've seen in my life.

They have no fear and never feels pain, if you find the right bloodline it will be very clever and will give you great satisfaction.

I think that, at the moment, the best dogs are in Croatia because in Germany they breed too big dogs not always good for den, in Hungary, Slovakia, Polska etc. they breed too crazy dogs (we call them 12 second's dog... for the time that they need to be dead or alive) in France there are good dogs too, but not so game as the others. Here in Italy we have good dogs but not gameness and clever (but we ar working to breed top class Jagdterriers ;)) as Croatian, i think at the moment they are the best Jagdterrier breeders for fox and badger hunting (because in Croatia it is legal).

This is mine:

post-32403-1254062790_thumb.jpg

[attachment=94745:Emme_in_bracci

If you want to see some good dog, they breed jagds from over 35 years:

www.panickankill.com

for me, at the moment, one of the best breeder of the world.

DONT GO NEAR THIS SITE IT SAYS IT MIGHT HARM YOUR COMPUTER I SEEN THE WARNING TO LATE AND I THINK IT HAS