3 bucks in 3 stalks before 7.a.m.

After meeting my client we went to meet the foxing boys, setting them on we left and were heading for a high seat were the deer frequent alot, it also over looks a release pen so good chance of charlie ;)

This chap is as lucky as they come shooting 2 nice bucks in 2 outings both before 7 a.m. Can he make it 3 for 3??

Checking his sights first some adjustments were made((4 inch out)) and we went to the area I had allocated for us to stalk parked up got ready and walked in.

Barely 200m from the truck and 30m short of the seat we could see 5 deer already well out in the field grazing. Watching them for a short while we quickly established that they were slowly making thier way to the other wood.

In that event it was better to circle around them and cut thier approach off.

Navigating around them at speed when they were heads down we quickly made it there and laid down. We then see 2 more does come from under the high seat and come to us on our right flank this is all very exciting for us.

The orginal 5 were still comming only the lead doe was now about 80m ahead of the others :( This concerned me as she may twig us before a shot could be made. As you will see in the video she walks within 30m of us. I tell the client my concerns about the wind and he readies for a shot the buck still not presenting as he was facing us. :angry:

Then disaster 25m off she crosses our wind she jerks back and runs into the field alerting the others to danger they mill around briefly while they watch the doe. The buck presents a broadside shot but is obstruted by a kid and the client is to my right so can see even less then me. I ask if he has a neck shot but the gap to the kid is marginal. They run and a couple of barks dose nothing to stop them :(

We are beaten fair and square.

So we go back to the high seat to finish the morning off when a little doe comes and lays down under the seat in the gamecrop less than 25m from us. We wait no buck emerges so we stalk back and go meet the foxing boys for breakfast.

That buck has the luck of the gods beating me twice already during the rut i thought this was the chap to end his career but the deer had luck on his side.

th_bowlamsbuck1.jpg

Heart Stopping stuff there john!!

If only he was on your left hey!!

I should have some stalking sorted up here soon if you still want too?

that will be nice.

that buck is the one we were after in the rut hes a big lad eh???

Isn't he just. Is he the one that comes out at 9pm or the one with the limp at the other place??

Because if its the one with the limp hes recovered!!

Or is it another one that we were hoping to see....?

Heart Stopping stuff there john!!

If only he was on your left hey!!

I should have some stalking sorted up here soon if you still want too?

that will be nice.

that buck is the one we were after in the rut hes a big lad eh???

Isn't he just. Is he the one that comes out at 9pm or the one with the limp at the other place??

Because if its the one with the limp hes recovered!!

Or is it another one that we were hoping to see....?

THE ONE WHO WAS LIMPING good recovery eh!!!

Brilliant video. I must confess to being rather excited myself.! That youngster saved the bucks life!! just going off on a slightly different tangent, i never bark to stop the roe, but i whistle, i find it works better. I don't know if you have tried this before, or maybe the bark works for you??

Top marks for sharing that Ace video........JD

THE ONE WHO WAS LIMPING good recovery eh!!!

He's obviously had his leg over her aswell!

Like you said he's got my name on him!! Im coming back!!

If I can't get back before the end of the season which I doubt as I start uni next wednesday, its going to be next summer for the buck but im tempted for some winter doe stalking!!

Brilliant video. I must confess to being rather excited myself.! That youngster saved the bucks life!! just going off on a slightly different tangent, i never bark to stop the roe, but i whistle, i find it works better. I don't know if you have tried this before, or maybe the bark works for you??

Top marks for sharing that Ace video........JD

I find any noise a cough whistle bark (fart) will stop a deer if it unawares in full flight just try what comes to mind nothing usually works.