Out last night

:) Im going to have a look again later myself, more wind about than last night.

Well, got out In the first field, turned on the lamp, and in came the mist :(

Still managed this one though,

Picture041.jpg

One for the pot :)

The landlord down my local offerd to buy my rabbits from me.What do ypu thinks a fair price, gutted and skinned?

At the end of the day lad's as far as ground goes you can run them on concrete and bone dry plough which i have done on load's of occasions over the year's.... by mistake of coarse.. :whistle: ..

But the dog's who do it need to have good feet..i could not be arsed waiting for the rain every time i wanted to go out.. otherwise i would only out twice a month untill the weather changed.

M

My dog has very good feet Millet but i wouldnt run him on bone hard ground,he is nearly 10 years old and is 84lb in weight honestly he has never ever been laid up with injury to his feet,infact everyone who sees him in the flesh always comment on the size and conformation of his feet,imo the main reason he hasnt had trouble with his feet is because i have had a little patience and waited for a little give underfoot,at the end of the day you may aswell run them on hard frost if your prepared to run them on hard, dry or bone dry plough ground,obviously there will be some who do it but im sure the majority of people wouldnt dream of running their canine friends on frosty ground.JMO anyway.Cheers Andy. ;)

I shattered a dogs toe by running him during frost he must of hit a ridge, his toe was fragmented, a lesson very well learned...I don't run dogs on hard ground, but it depends on your dogs makeup and frame, the dog I own at the minute I could run on anything :yes:

local pub / restaurant has them of me £1.50 skinned , but i personaly think its to cheap . £ 2.00- £2.50 would be a fairer price. but he does have 30- 40 of me at a time , about once a fortnight.

mind you on his menue rabbit is £14.50 :icon_eek:

Guest Top Chalker

What a crock of shit , running any dog on hard ground will f**k its feet up , good feet will soon be bad feet running on hard ground ,

Lurcherman, what bit of this drabble was a fair point ???

ASD was spot on , thats why his dog is 10 and still running ,

Does Millet translate to brain dead :D:D ???????????

Millet, do u have any old dogs

You sound like you know what you are talking about...

Actually im thinking of getting my first running dog soon.. :whistle: .. soooo i was wondering if it would be ok to PM you when i get my pup if they is anything i need to know about exactly what ground i need to run my dog on..

Cheers.. :good: ..

Millet

[/quote

I any time u want , but leave your wig and your big red nose, at home , look forward to your pm , dont be scared to ask for any help, :drinks:

Guest markbrick1

again ground to hard, now to wet in november, again to hard due to frost in december, you lot read to many books and do half of you work you dogs as the weather will never be right??? any way countryman i was gettin £1 a rabbit in the early 70s so a pound now hasnt gone up with inflation

Guest markbrick1
again ground to hard, now to wet in november, again to hard due to frost in december, you lot read to many books and do half of you work you dogs as the weather will never be right??? any way countryman i was gettin £1 a rabbit in the early 70s so a pound now hasnt gone up with inflation

anyway countryman nice to see you at helston we won everthing again on wet ground on sat and sunday my little pups did well i beleave you saw them run though and now ive been invited to run them at sussex longdogs ,they will take some beatin though they love it we walked away with 11 out of 14 1sts in competions this weekend thanks mark

Well done for the weekend :clapper:

The pups are looking good.

I think that its good to see somone like yourself who actually works their dogs do well at shows, as i dont think the majority of people who were there on the weekend do.

That trophy cabinet must be getting pretty full now :whistle: :11:

Guest markbrick1

yea thanks cant agree more there is a few of us who work there dogs hard in the winter months tim greg and a couple others thats all this exercise was about to prove to the weekend warrior and computer hunter that a working dog that is worked properly will excell a lot more. i get asked to judge at least a show a week this time of year and decline as how some of these people can tell you they work there dogs i just dont know ive won 11 simulated events with the pups this year and must say from what ive seen around the country theres some crap dogs after this year i wont do any more shows 1 year in 40 was enough anyway stay in touch and we will take you out and have a run all the best mark