stopper pad

hi guys

got back from work today and let the dog out the pen, she started running around the garden like a divvy and ripped her stopper pad pretty bad, its kind of ripped in half

problem is im in the lamping comp and i am running my heat next week,

is there anything i can do to make it heal quick?

can i stick it back together with something?

Looks like you`ll be missing the lamping comp, :( whatever you decide to do, either leave it to heal or have it removed, you must give it plenty of time to heal, with lead walking only, and when you think it`s fully healed, :)

"Give It Another Couple Of Weeks"

And from now on Plan Ahead, if you know your dog is going to be running hard, strap the leg up as it will always be a weak point...

Yis Mars...

i had the same thing happen to my little bitch not summer gone but the summer befor had her out for a run let her off and when she came back, her stopper was hanging off, i gave her a few weeks road work till it heeled well it looked heeled till i let her off for a run bang same thing happened again, spent the whole winter tapeing her up and most of this summer it still didnt heel right till one day during the summer she did it again so fook that had it taken off now she is right as rain and i dont have to tape her up anymore..

Guest GoneToGround1
my bitch did the same thing, vet advised me to have it taken off so i did and she is as good as new.

im in the same boat...how much it cost to have it taken off? been right as rain since iv taped it up though...

Guest the techno viking
my bitch did the same thing, vet advised me to have it taken off so i did and she is as good as new.

best advice you can give!!!! quick op and be running sooner than letting it heel natrually plus no risk of it splitting again atb with whatever you choose but i think you will miss the lamping comp tho fella

It wont matter if ye tape it up, if there pulling up hard or turnin sharp they will still split it under the bandadge.

I always use vaseline on mine when they do it, its not a life threatning injury and to be honest a dog has them for a reason so if you can leave it on do.

Plaster the stopper and all around it with vaseline after each run and the dog will be ok to run in the comp in my opinion.