picking up new ferret today but......

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself a "jif" lemon squezy from your local supermarket and as she goes to bite you just squeze a little drop into her mouth, it won't hurt her at all but she will definitely think twice about biting again!

Have used this little trick on many occasions on serial biters like yours and it works for me.

It just leaves them wondering what the hell happened and a nasty taste in the mouth.

Regards FT :diablo:

serial biters, well it was found in a cornflakes box :11:

sorry lads my internet as been down for a while. i just feel sorry for the poor little thing with maggots in her cage and no bedding im going now to pick her up as the other day some lil b*****d has stamped thrpugh the mesh on the cage. aS a last resort i will have to put her down but i will try for a few month to get her tame again. might have something to do with little kids poking it with sticks and feeding it with grasshoppers etc. i only have limited experience with ferrets beacause im only 15 and my mum would'nt let me have any until a few years ago :icon_redface: :11:

thanks a lot anyway lads and lasses great help

staffy-1 :signthankspin:

tomo.... :laugh::clapper::rofl:

sorry lads my internet as been down for a while. i just feel sorry for the poor little thing with maggots in her cage and no bedding im going now to pick her up as the other day some lil b*****d has stamped thrpugh the mesh on the cage. aS a last resort i will have to put her down but i will try for a few month to get her tame again. might have something to do with little kids poking it with sticks and feeding it with grasshoppers etc. i only have limited experience with ferrets beacause im only 15 and my mum would'nt let me have any until a few years ago :icon_redface: :11:

thanks a lot anyway lads and lasses great help

staffy-1 :signthankspin:

tomo.... :laugh::clapper::rofl:

Good on you matey its good to see someone try with an animal rather than just give up :good::good: On another note though I think your step brother shouldnt be allowed to have animals. Anyone who lets any animal live in that type of condition is the lowest of the low :realmad: . I hope when you get your ferret back into condition that you will not let him anywhere near them!!

Guest markbrick1

sorry but a ferret that is ficious should be banged on the head i knew a girl, well she was 6 months old her dads ferret got out climed up into her pram and mauled her face she is now 42 and very marked her dad alan kept ferrets he handled with weldin cloves wanker and sounded like a few on here

sorry but a ferret that is ficious should be banged on the head i knew a girl, well she was 6 months old her dads ferret got out climed up into her pram and mauled her face she is now 42 and very marked her dad alan kept ferrets he handled with weldin cloves wanker and sounded like a few on here

What an antiquated view you have!! You have to ask yourself why is the ferret vicious? By the sounds of it this guy you knew was of the "old School", the type that thought a ferret had to be vicious to be any good as a worker. (What complete and utter crap.) Ferrets are by nature friendly, and a vicious ferret has been made that way by the person who has brought it up. I have a dozen ferrets and not one of them is vicious. Is that because I have been lucky? I think not, it's because they have been brought up correctly, which means plenty of human contact and handling, good living conditions and good feeding!!!! We are in the 21st century, I think your views should be there too!!!!!

Doddsy some ferrets are just plain nasty an will allways bite no matter what you try to stop it . Only one course of action for this type of ferret .

Sorry mate i beg to differ there....p.s. Any joy with a polecat hob kit mate??

Edited by doddsy

My ferrets are great with me and my son, as we handle them daily. But, a mate came round the other day and they nearly took his finger off :icon_eek::blink:

They dont like stragers it seems, but if a lot of folks handle them, they seem fine. As i live in a isolated place, its just me and my son who handle them, they dont get to see anyone else.

Frank.