Aye mate I was fishing the other day when i spotted a deep rabbit scraping, i could just make out something grey at the entrance and thought it was a bunnies head!!

When i took a closer look it was a wasp nest that was hanging from the roof of the scraping, I'm not too keen on the stripey little sods so left them well alone!!

I suppose burrows are nice and sheltered for them!

Went ferreting on tuesday walking up the side of a hedge i saw a couple of wasp's thought nothing of it,carried on walking suddenly there was a few to many flying around me,looked down on the ground and there was a little hole and there was wasp's flying in and around it.I made a sharp exit :laugh: .

Was setting some snares about 2 years ago,it was early morning just getting light,i was hammering a peg in the ground,when suddenly there was a loud buzzing noise and the air was full of wasp's,i had hammered the peg right through the nest :cry: They was on my hands in my clothes everywhere,i just dropped the snares and the mallet,and legged it across the field and still the wasp's where after me :icon_eek: .I tell you now them snares and that mallet stayed there till winter :laugh:.I spent the rest of the week smelling of TCP :laugh: .

Went ferreting on tuesday walking up the side of a hedge i saw a couple of wasp's thought nothing of it,carried on walking suddenly there was a few to many flying around me,looked down on the ground and there was a little hole and there was wasp's flying in and around it.I made a sharp exit :laugh: .

Was setting some snares about 2 years ago,it was early morning just getting light,i was hammering a peg in the ground,when suddenly there was a loud buzzing noise and the air was full of wasp's,i had hammered the peg right through the nest :cry: They was on my hands in my clothes everywhere,i just dropped the snares and the mallet,and legged it across the field and still the wasp's where after me :icon_eek: .I tell you now them snares and that mallet stayed there till winter :laugh:.I spent the rest of the week smelling of TCP :laugh: .

That sounds like my worst nightmare Mr Tea Pot!! I'd kill them all if i could :angry:

Yep got stung by a bugger when setting my nets out last week, then realised about 20 wasps coming u from an entrance to the burrow.

JoeD

exactly the same thing happend yo me last week, kneeled down to set the net and bang! the little ******* got me right on the end of my finger! :angry:

Did the very same thing a couple of years ago.Was strimming some brambles around a large warren,felt my hand getting hot and looked down to see several of the bloody thing stinging me.Needless to say i kept a cool head and ran away screaming like a little girl,nearly flattened my lad trying to run past him :clapper:

Out today triming some brambles getting ready to ferret next week and noticed a lot of wasps in the burys anybody else seen something

out 3 weeks ago with my 2 cockers the pup witch is a year ould now had her head down the burrow and out they come fx hundreds of them she had 5 days in the vets it was touch and go my other dog had 20 odd stuck to him got them both in the stream so that was ok.

last time i go ferreting before they die off this is the second time i seen wasps in burrows learnt one thing dont think the rabbits are in there to

Aye mate I was fishing the other day when i spotted a deep rabbit scraping, i could just make out something grey at the entrance and thought it was a bunnies head!!

When i took a closer look it was a wasp nest that was hanging from the roof of the scraping, I'm not too keen on the stripey little sods so left them well alone!!

if we find them we use ant powder at the hole after dark , give them 12 hrs then go back and dig em . fantastic fishing bait!!!

this is one from the river teme , caught on a single wasp grub whilst trotting for chub

post-20134-1251405817_thumb.jpg

had the same problem when i took the young ferret out last weekend. i never noticed untill the jill was in. no problems with her but i had to get the net back with a swarm of pissed off wasps around me.( pulled them out,threw over a fence and was off!!)

just glad the jill had no problems with them.

there seem to be a lot about this year.

all the best for the season lads and lassies.

if we find them we use ant powder at the hole after dark , give them 12 hrs then go back and dig em . fantastic fishing bait!!!

this is one from the river teme , caught on a single wasp grub whilst trotting for chub

beautyfull looking salmon mate...but wasps,cant stand the fu##ers..had a nest in my shed once so coverd evry bita skin nd went in with a can of lynx and a lighter.needless to say they were not happy chappys

beautyfull looking salmon mate...but wasps,cant stand the fu##ers..had a nest in my shed once so coverd evry bita skin nd went in with a can of lynx and a lighter.needless to say they were not happy chappys

ok, not advisable but me and my mate found a waspnest in a bucket in his shed so we took it outside, put it on his fire area and got a wooden stool. put the bucket on the stool, poured a tiny bit of petrol in a and put a dogfood tin ful of petrol inder the stool, moved away while my mate lit a bit of cloth and threw it into the can so it caught fire, moved away a long way( about 30 yards) and shot the tin with my airirlfe so the flames went up and lit the petrol in the bucket and burnt the little feckers away to nothing. he did get stung once moving the bucket from the shed though