Bedlington terriers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'l reply as no one else has!!

i've never worked them myself but i must say i am very much taken with the breed and the parents look stunning!

the dam has a lovely head on her! go for it mate, from what i've heard they work well as long as you put the work in first - as with any dog . .

all the best lurcher lass x x x

Hiya. mate has a litter of beddys (pure) what do people think of them? this is the parents. im realy tempted to have a pup. Liver Dam ,blue SIRE. They both work realy well

What work do you want them for ???

What lines they out of, have you seen the parents work ?? price??

Hiya. mate has a litter of beddys (pure) what do people think of them? this is the parents. im realy tempted to have a pup. Liver Dam ,blue SIRE. They both work realy well

no expert no one works them up north where they came from,think a terrier with poodle and show whippet is best avoided,not saying your pals dogs arnt good,ive never seen one work in nearly 30years,they always looked to big for earthwork and not big enough to course rabbits,just my opinion,supposed to be good in lurchers,but to me there are far usefull breeds to use,hope i havent upset any bedlington owners,funbob

I notice in your first post you said that you have never seen a Patterdale working.

Now you are an expert on Bedlingtons.

What kind of terrier do work at the moment Funbob?

Yes im pretty sure it was (still is in france) so im told.

totally correct poodles have been and still do work

so many breeds get bad press where they don't deserve it, rottie = aggresive, greyhound = snappy, there is no difference with the poodle, i have said this before but i do honestly think the "wonderful" KC have ruined yet another fantastic dog, they are very intelligent, thick coat, lots of stamina and speed, massive trainablty and incrediably loyal, what more could you want?? or are you thinking more about your street cred then working the dog

i still think that a good working standard poodle put to a working lurcher/greyhound bitch would produce stunning dogs, the beddy lurchers are grand little dogs . .

untitled.jpg

Poodle.jpg

i think poodles are fantastic dogs with a lot of bad press

Poodles were/are gun dogs in france, but the miniture ones were really lap dogs it was the standard that worked

saying that i knew a miniture poodle owned by a pigeon keepers wife that was a demon on rats under the pigeon sheds and would work a hedge like a terrier/hound after rabbits! and it had a sensible haircut one length all over!

good luck with the bedlington pup, i have always liked the look of the working types ones and have worked a really good first cross beddie greyhound

What work do you want them for ???

What lines they out of, have you seen the parents work ?? price??

Bushing mainly, Both parents work well and if aloud do go to ground. Ther is rambo and gouch comman, rusty lines (spelling) with a few others that ive forgotten. around £200