the call........

i got a call last night to sort out a few problem foxes so packed the gear into the jeep, i was blowing a gale and a tough night to be out...

well i went down to the farm, seen one and shot it 149 yards.... left it till we drove the rest of the area

drove to the oppositte end of the area and ranged a fox at.... 324 yards but he came in slightly, nosing about, the wind was blowing at my 10 o clock gusting, JG, you will know what the weathers doing here lately... so i allowed about 10 inches on him and fired, we didn't see him get up but it started to piss so i'll know via a text tomorow, it was no easy shot and i'm hoping he's down.... we didn't see him run...!!!

drove to another little patch and shot foxy number 3 at 211 yards head on wind and one hell of a mess... ewwww...

drove back the the farm as it was getting on for 1 o' clock and driving down the lane the farmer says lamp the field beside the duck shed..... bingo another at no more than 90 yards i never bothered ranging him as he was too close....

4 in total,

bringing the season so far to 10 ..........

cheers

Snap.

i got a call last night to sort out a few problem foxes so packed the gear into the jeep, i was blowing a gale and a tough night to be out...

well i went down to the farm, seen one and shot it 149 yards.... left it till we drove the rest of the area

drove to the oppositte end of the area and ranged a fox at.... 324 yards but he came in slightly, nosing about, the wind was blowing at my 10 o clock gusting, JG, you will know what the weathers doing here lately... so i allowed about 10 inches on him and fired, we didn't see him get up but it started to piss so i'll know via a text tomorow, it was no easy shot and i'm hoping he's down.... we didn't see him run...!!!

drove to another little patch and shot foxy number 3 at 211 yards head on wind and one hell of a mess... ewwww...

drove back the the farm as it was getting on for 1 o' clock and driving down the lane the farmer says lamp the field beside the duck shed..... bingo another at no more than 90 yards i never bothered ranging him as he was too close....

4 in total,

cheers

Snap.

Good shooting Snap, hope you nailed that 324 yard one, damn fine shot if you did!

4 in total,

cheers

Snap.

Good shooting Snap, hope you nailed that 324 yard one, damn fine shot if you did!

cheers mate,

i'm just waiting on the text to confirm a hit or a miss but we were both confident we never saw it run.....

Snap.

Went out with the whippet last night mate and she got 2 rabbits, Mum wouldn't let me take the shotgun out, funnily enough i had seen 4 foxes all within shooting range and all 4 came into the call nicely, Just my f*****g luck

next time mate....

Snap.

Went out with the whippet last night mate and she got 2 rabbits, Mum wouldn't let me take the shotgun out, funnily enough i had seen 4 foxes all within shooting range and all 4 came into the call nicely, Just my f*****g luck

well done on the rabbits :thumbs: but dont call foxes in unless you intend to shoot them mate your just educating them if they realise somethings wrong :thumbs:

atb alan.

well done on the 324 yarder snap. :notworthy: thats a hell of a shot in a howler.

Well just to carry on from the topic i just got a call saying that the 324 yard shot was a kill....

i'm chuffed as the wind was blowing strong.....

cheers ,

Snap.

i know u hit it but why chance shot at that distance could u not call it in a bit so u know u will kill it cleanly instead off wondering if u hit it or not.do we not owe it 2 our quarry if were going 2 shoot them make sure and not let them suffer with a injury. to many people trying 2 blacken our names . this one works for me if there's any doubt at all distance or quarry leave it for another nite and u won't go wrong all the best for the rest of season :hunter::hunter:

Well just to carry on from the topic i just got a call saying that the 324 yard shot was a kill....

cheers ,

Snap.

That is some shooting all round and especially in the wind

...I was out with a pal Friday, 9 days back, zeroing his .243 etc etc...all done and sorted we propped a golf ball on a tripod of 3 rotten old branches.....fortunately it went down with the first shot at 100 yards ......propped another golf ball on the branches, spotted a rabbit at 185 yards and that too went down with my .223........we moved on......over the valley I glanced back and could just see the golf ball, ranged it to 300 yards...what the hell......the .223 is zeroed for 200.

First shot...not a clue...second shot I saw a bit of foliage move behind it...3rd shot adjustment, and NO more golf ball...Well chuffed with that, but it was still, took me 3 goes and you were further away...ATB :thumbs:

cheers ,

Snap.

i know u hit it but why chance shot at that distance could u not call it in a bit so u know u will kill it cleanly instead off wondering if u hit it or not.do we not owe it 2 our quarry if were going 2 shoot them make sure and not let them suffer with a injury. to many people trying 2 blacken our names . this one works for me if there's any doubt at all distance or quarry leave it for another nite and u won't go wrong all the best for the rest of season :hunter::hunter:

cheers ,

Snap.

That is some shooting all round and especially in the wind

...I was out with a pal Friday, 9 days back, zeroing his .243 etc etc...all done and sorted we propped a golf ball on a tripod of 3 rotten old branches.....fortunately it went down with the first shot at 100 yards ......propped another golf ball on the branches, spotted a rabbit at 185 yards and that too went down with my .223........we moved on......over the valley I glanced back and could just see the golf ball, ranged it to 300 yards...what the hell......the .223 is zeroed for 200.

First shot...not a clue...second shot I saw a bit of foliage move behind it...3rd shot adjustment, and NO more golf ball...Well chuffed with that, but it was still, took me 3 goes and you were further away...ATB :thumbs:

Good shooting Snap! :)

these foxes are not coming into the call or most of them as the place is rather heavily lamped, by clowns how try to shoot at silly ranges... without knowing where the bullet will go.......

NOW i was sure the fox went down but with the wind and the lamper taking the lamp of the fox we couldn't see it when we scaned again.... although i saw it go down....

these are problem foxes and need sorting... and it was within my capabilites as a shooter as i have taken longer shots and never had a fox run yet....

i practice lots and run drop programs to make sure i know what my bullets are doing..... so it wasn't guess work for the bullet drop...

and cheers guys......

Snap.