popped a woody

helo!

well i noticed there were a pair of woodys reguarly sitting on the wires above my house at around 7 o'clock. well next time i went out into the garden to put away the poults i sat otu abit watching the wires. sure enough a pair of woodys landed on the wire at around 20 yards away from me. i went down on one knee and flicked the safety on to 'F'. put the cross hairs on the woodys neck and breathed, 'don't mess this up you idiot' i thought. one shot and the pigeon dropped with quite a bit of flapping and managed to land exactly where i didnt want it to go, into the nettle patch :doh: . its partner flew off quite suprised at what had just happened i imagine. i waded through the nettles and can now confirm that i am the most stung person in south wales. retreived the pigeona and saw why it hap flapped so much and flown about 2 yards from where it was shot. poor shot, nailed in the chest :icon_redface: it was a humane kill though because it died 3 quarters the way down. anyway heres the positioned i shot from;

post-23173-1250798408.jpg

and the woody with what i think is a good gun even if it dose fall apart a little too easily:

post-23173-1250798418.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice shooting aron :gunsmilie:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

just one question where would the pellet go if you had missed?there's no backstop and if your in a residential area who knows where it is gunna hit???

regards

davy

theres open farmland going on for miles behind it. don't worry, i would never take that sho it i was in a built up area, im blessed with country side surrounding me!

nice one aron

just thought i would mention it as newbie's may tink its ok to go around, shooting pigeons of telegraph wires in built up areas

well done buddy and nice to here it :clapper:

regards

davy

but arent shotguns always shooting pigeons out of the air, isent that the point of them?

Yeh out of the air but not from power lines if you were pretty close to power lines and shot them down you could electricute your self, not so bad with an air rifle because the chance of you snapping the line is very slim.

Well done Aaron :clapper:

I have yet to take a Woodie, but whilst I was refelting my sheds today, in the garden of the house that I used to live in round the corner there was a great BIG fat Woodie just wandering around not more than 30 feet from me; Taunting me it was I swear.

The guy who lives there now used to race Pigeons so no way would he consider letting me pop em.

Hey Davy :secret: its Aaron :haha:

I'll get me coat :icon_redface:

Well done Aaron :clapper:

I have yet to take a Woodie, but whilst I was refelting my sheds today, in the garden of the house that I used to live in round the corner there was a great BIG fat Woodie just wandering around not more than 30 feet from me; Taunting me it was I swear.

The guy who lives there now used to race Pigeons so no way would he consider letting me pop em.

Hey Davy :secret: its Aaron :haha:

I'll get me coat :icon_redface:

in the vioce of ANDY of "little britain" "YEH I KNOW!!"

Guest Scuba1

It must have been his second shot as a stray pellet comming out of nowhere has just demolished my garden shed and turned the vegetable patch into a crater. I'll send you the bill young Aaron. :)

Well done and bon appetite. I had dove breast in a stir fry with veg out of my patch today.

Before it got blasted to bits. :)

ATB

Michael