coppers say sorry!!!!!

ok guys, im still reeling from the shock of what happened to me last week! after a short walk out on the golf course with the lamp and a couple of young dogs for exercise we were driving home and spotted a lamp on another bit of permission we have, so decided to check it out! as we pulled in we were followed by a meat wagon complete with 4 rozzers. after a little chat and them checkin out ins tax etc, we were imformed that hunting any mammal with dogs is completely illegal and my van and dogs could be siezed! after 20 mins of me explaining rabbits and rats to be exempt on land you have permission to be on, top copper got on his radio and still couldnt get the correct legal ruling( only took me 20 seconds on my pc to find the hunting act and the exemptions). anyway after about an hour we were sent on our way with the top nobber whoops meant copper took my phone number and promised to check this out and if he was wrong he would APOLOGISE. pigs might fly!!!! welll suppose some do now they got choppers!

two days later i got a call, and was immediatly told that after 2 days of investigating this as far as he was concerned we were breaking the law by chasing rabbits on land we had permission! but he was in front of a pc and he wouldf give me the chance to show him where i got my information from!! 5 mins later and a little guidence through the hunting act! I GOT MY APOLOGY AND THE PROMISE HE WOULD SEND AN EMAIL AROUND THE STATIONS WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION!

THATS RIGHT A ROZZER SAID "SORRY"!!!!!

ANY WAY THIS HAS CHANGED THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT COPPERS NOT ALL OF THEM ARE ARSEHOLES!!

SOME OF THEM ARE THICK AS FCUK ON TOP OF IT!!!!

ok guys, im still reeling from the shock of what happened to me last week! after a short walk out on the golf course with the lamp and a couple of young dogs for exercise we were driving home and spotted a lamp on another bit of permission we have, so decided to check it out! as we pulled in we were followed by a meat wagon complete with 4 rozzers. after a little chat and them checkin out ins tax etc, we were imformed that hunting any mammal with dogs is completely illegal and my van and dogs could be siezed! after 20 mins of me explaining rabbits and rats to be exempt on land you have permission to be on, top copper got on his radio and still couldnt get the correct legal ruling( only took me 20 seconds on my pc to find the hunting act and the exemptions). anyway after about an hour we were sent on our way with the top nobber whoops meant copper took my phone number and promised to check this out and if he was wrong he would APOLOGISE. pigs might fly!!!! welll suppose some do now they got choppers!

two days later i got a call, and was immediatly told that after 2 days of investigating this as far as he was concerned we were breaking the law by chasing rabbits on land we had permission! but he was in front of a pc and he wouldf give me the chance to show him where i got my information from!! 5 mins later and a little guidence through the hunting act! I GOT MY APOLOGY AND THE PROMISE HE WOULD SEND AN EMAIL AROUND THE STATIONS WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION!

THATS RIGHT A ROZZER SAID "SORRY"!!!!!

ANY WAY THIS HAS CHANGED THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT COPPERS NOT ALL OF THEM ARE ARSEHOLES!!

SOME OF THEM ARE THICK AS FCUK ON TOP OF IT!!!!

They do say sorry now and again usualy to save any embarrasment at their ignorance on a subject they havent a clue about.atvb dell

got pulled up last night after a night lamping on the local golf course by armed police because we was near the airport the copper said the same thing hunting with any dog is illegal on any land you dont have permission on and said u cant hunt anythink with a dog anyway after about 25mins of us explaining that is no illegal to hunt rabits and him being on hes radio he let us go telling us next time he will lock us up 4 6 months ha what a joke dickhead

a simular thing happend to me last week while i was out lamping on permisson.

a copper marched across the field with his barking ass police dog and accused me of breaking the law , he said all hunting with dogs is banned!!!

when i explained about rabbits and rats being legal he apoligised and said he cant be expected to know all the laws!!! :blink:

told him he should do if hes going to accuse someone of something he knows feck all about.

Just a suggestion to reduce the chances of you getting pulled by the plod, before i go i phone the nick near where i'l be hunting and give them the landowners name & tel number along with my number & reg. The response i get is normally a grateful one, they say if most people did this it would stop them wasting their time should some dogooder ring up complaining, all they do is ring the land owner and confirm i have permission to be there and leave me to it. I then ring them to let them know when i've finnished. I've never had any problems with them.

Do any of you think this would be worth a try?

Obviusly no good if your out poaching though andi peeters!! :whistling:

Guest Rod&dog

I had a well know local copper at my front door once for a different sort of offence. He noticed a few rabbit snares hanging at my front door and told me they where illiegal unless i was a profesional gamekeeper :doh: , So i told him he was wrong,He didint like that though. I wonder sometimes how thick officers even get the job sometimes.

I had a well know local copper at my front door once for a different sort of offence. He noticed a few rabbit snares hanging at my front door and told me they where illiegal unless i was a profesional gamekeeper :doh: , So i told him he was wrong,He didint like that though. I wonder sometimes how thick officers even get the job sometimes.

If your not clever enough to be a criminal become a copper lloydd :whistling:

There all thick fuckers. I was asked the other day, after being called a burglar "whats that shooting lamping lamp was for .. eh sneaking round gardens without anyone seeing me :wallbash: Dick heads

Guest Rod&dog

If your not clever enough to be a criminal become a copper lloydd :whistling:

There all thick fuckers. I was asked the other day, after being called a burglar "whats that shooting lamping lamp was for .. eh sneaking round gardens without anyone seeing me :wallbash: Dick heads

It was for a domestic at my house and it did not have anything to do with me,, i answered the front door and one of the first things he said was about the snares hanging up, Would of been sence to do thier job theyve been called for first then ask not related questions once they have finneshed.

Just a suggestion to reduce the chances of you getting pulled by the plod, before i go i phone the nick near where i'l be hunting and give them the landowners name & tel number along with my number & reg. The response i get is normally a grateful one, they say if most people did this it would stop them wasting their time should some dogooder ring up complaining, all they do is ring the land owner and confirm i have permission to be there and leave me to it. I then ring them to let them know when i've finnished. I've never had any problems with them.

shouldnt have to mate the old innocent till proven guilty! why ring them if your doin nothin wrong! they would soon get pissed off if everyone rang them everytime you do somethin not illegal!

I do yes every time I go out shooting on summer evenings or lamping later on, I phone the local police control room, they have my details from previous calls tell them where I'll be and get an incident number, when I get back ring them quote the incident number its logged off, could nt be simpler. While Im out any reports they receive gets a curt thank you we know about it

Y.I.S Leeview

shouldnt have to mate the old innocent till proven guilty! why ring them if your doin nothin wrong! they would soon get pissed off if everyone rang them everytime you do somethin not illegal!

I hear what your saying mate but with they way some people are in this day and age, i'd much rather take the two mins to call them then be sat in back of a beat car for 20 mins while they go over every inch of you car to find nothing wrong but then give you a producer to further inconvinience you!! Just cant be arsed with the hassle of having to explain myself to some knob who's just started shaving!!