CCI .22LR Subs

Not alone with having problems through my CZ then... Its frustrating as I'm used to pretty much same hole accuracy with the eley subs... only another 440 rounds to use up :doh::hunter:

Gunsmiths may take them back for you or swap back mine did. may save you from having a knightmare for the next few weeks!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually posted about these on another forum after friday night ,got the cci subs last week to try them bought 200 .Went out to try them for zero before going after some rabbits ,out of 30 shots at targets i had 6 shots that sounded like HV rounds then when rabiting nearly had the same again while after the rabbits .The accuracy didnt seem to bad although i missed a few that i swear i should of had but the Hv sounding rounds really pissed me off.

Not alone with having problems through my CZ then... Its frustrating as I'm used to pretty much same hole accuracy with the eley subs... only another 440 rounds to use up :doh::hunter:

Chuck them in the bin, two pals and I tried CCI's and thats where ours went, complete rubbish in CZ's(bolt hard to close, shite accuracy and a few missfires). Eleys are the ones we use and never a problem.

Dry powder

Chuck them in the bin, two pals and I tried CCI's and thats where ours went, complete rubbish in CZ's(bolt hard to close, shite accuracy and a few missfires). Eleys are the ones we use and never a problem.

Dry powder

True enough, but don't chuck 'em in the bin. Take 'em back for a refund and complain. Best and safest all round, ;):clapper:

The only cci subs i've tried in my cz varmint were the copper coloured ones , and they were also terrible . They sprayed bullets all over the place and the groupings were awful . I ended up taking them back to the gunshop and swapping the remaining boxes for my current ( and only brand ) Winchester SuperX.

I would like to know however if anybody else has tried this copper coloured crap , as i believe that they have now been discontinued ( thank god )

John :thumbdown:

photos002-3.jpg

They have..but watch out for the latest replacement.....

Never had accuracy problems with the CCI 40g HP Lead Subs in my Silhouette...but they really did chamber VERY tight.

I use Magtech subs now almost exclusively, had a bad press a few years back but they seem to work well these days. Tested them against the Eley subs about 4 weeks back, difference in the groups wasn't worth talking about for bunny bashing, but the Magtech HP is much better than the Eley HP, it opens up better and is a better killing round!!

3 boxes of the Eley now sitting in my cabinet while I carry on with the Magtech..... :hmm::thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't source and Eley subs so ended up buying a brick of this shite. The grouping (prone off a bipod@ 50yrds) is terrible and i've had three mis-fires in the first 60 rounds. Anyone else not impressed with these?

I use a Anschutz 1417 .22lr, i used the CCI subs, put about 250 rounds through. Most of them fired pretty accurate and are hard hitting. But i did find that the bolt wouldn't close properly on some of them. I since swapped to winchester super-x, these are superb and my rifle definately prefers them! This is my first post but I hope it helps, Phil. :)

Never seen any of the "copperhead" CCI, probably won't if they are discontinued. I have been using some from my RFD which are packed in 100's in a amber coloured plastic box. They don't have the blue label like the picture in this thread, I wonder if they are old stock?

I do get the occasional loud "cracker", and have had one or two that were just too tight to chamber, so pushed them into the ground under the hedge.

Generally though, they seem fine, but if I have a choice, I use the Magtech same as deker when they are available

• 7 months later...