well i was out on thursday with a few mates and we were in a field that dog walkers sometimes bring there dogs and all of a sudden we heard some loud squeeling (i knew what it was) so i went to check it out and to my astonishment it was a full grown rabbit, dragging itself around with its front legs and it has fur and skin missing from big parts of its back legs. anyway i quickly chopped it and that stopped it from being in pain any longer. anyway i then got my mum to drop me off at my grandads house because i like feeding his ferrets, so anyway after showing my grandad the rabbit and throwing the thing into the ferret cage me and my grandad tried to work out what happened to it. he says its a stoat but then contradicts himself by saying that stoats only go for below the eye, anyway i think it must be dogs, this isnt the first time iv found dead rabbits in this field and there is a few trees there with rabbits in them (skeletons now,dead obviously). and its starting to bug me, if people are going to let there dogs get the rabbits ( im not an anti btw ) then they could at least have the decensity to kill the rabbit if the dog doesnt. letting it crawl away bleeding with chunks missing isnt right. especially since there is a childrens play area around 50 yrds away. anyway sorry i dont have pictures but i didnt have a camera with me . anyway finished moaning now :wallbash::censored:

;)

Maybe it got clipped by a car? Good for you sorting it out anyway. Good to use it for the ferts.

i doubt it was a car. the closest road is quite far away. and i thought about leaving it (only for a split second) because a few of my frends are antis (scum ;) ), but felt to sorry for the poor sod, so whacked its head and died straight away. and the ferret enjoyed it if that matters.he likes playing with his food :)

• 2 weeks later...
Could have been a bird of prey.

you could be onto something there mate, there is a few massive eagles that fly around there. rarely see them though

Dont think theres eagles in Northamptonshire LOL probably buzzards or Red Kites if your over Kettering / Corby way.

Could have been a bird of prey.

you could be onto something there mate, there is a few massive eagles that fly around there. rarely see them though

Dont think theres eagles in Northamptonshire LOL probably buzzards or Red Kites if your over Kettering / Corby way.

We have a lot of red kites round where I live, and they're most definitely scavengers, they wouldn't take on a full grown live rabbit, very young ones, maybe, but never full grown.

Probably was a dog, it sounds like dog damage and they don't always kill, and a lot of dog walkers would rather not 'know' than put the poor thing out of it's misery.