Fox shooting i love all these pictures

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great how all the Fox Shooters come out the woodwork Aug/Sept time with there pictures, so easy to shoot cubs, lets get the real Foxshooters on here to show a few pics of winter foxes...

Iwill start 1st

11thJan.jpg

dogfox.jpg

just a couple to get going with hiluxmk3 :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Now i can upload from my mobile.

Some keith parry and my self shot.

Note one of the photos the fox has only half a back leg.

post-18453-1250517965.jpg

post-18453-1250517990.jpg

post-18453-1250518018.jpg

Its a case of who is to judge? i wondered why? as you said we could see it so all i am doing is asking to see! I am reasonably new to the field, well as far as vermin control! i have only been shooting for a few years, but have been shooting in general for about 13 years. To that end i think its enough to have an idea and pass a judge!. cheers ss

This is the fox i shot at 300yds.

AS BEFORE....

tell me what you require to see i will be happy to assist, i have been shooting FOXES for about 35 years, since i was 12, in the early days i went along with my Grandfather he is long dead now, that was when we used a 12v car battery and a cibie lamp, i am the proud owner of his Schmidt & Bender 6x42 rifle scope he used it back then, i did contact S&B regarding the scope giving them the serial No. all they could tell me that it was Over 30 years old and it was made by them for a company called Hubertus (Germany)

They did say if i wanted to exchange it for a brand new one , they would be happy to do so FREE of charge, i didnt take up there offer as its a great scope and works very well far better than the one i bought new 3 years ago.

As many have said its easy to shoot a fox, the hard bit is getting the fox in your cross hairs, this is when the true fox shooter comes into his own, with all the new tech. stuff going around for calling Foxes, about 5 years ago i tried to keep up with the times and produced a C.D. of Predator Calls, and over the years have sold hundreds, you should TRY one, brings "OLD CHARLIE" in pretty quick, but nothing can compare using your own call with your own voice/squeak.

But enough of me rambling on, as i have said before i dont need to prove how good or bad i am at shooting foxes, must be doing something correct if after 35 years i am still at it and shooting 300 - 400 on average per year, taking into consideration i am out 4 or 5 nights a week every week.

Regards to all hiluxmk3 :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Its great how all the Fox Shooters come out the woodwork Aug/Sept time with there pictures, so easy to shoot cubs, lets get the real Foxshooters on here to show a few pics of winter foxes...

Iwill start 1st

11thJan.jpg

dogfox.jpg

Nice foxes mate...

injured foxes missing legs is more common than i thought, i have shot a few in the years that i have been shooting them, but i got 2 about a month apart, both were healed and foxes were in very good condition.

thanks for posting your pictures for us all to see , keep up the good work

hiluxmk3

Its a case of who is to judge? i wondered why? as you said we could see it so all i am doing is asking to see! I am reasonably new to the field, well as far as vermin control! i have only been shooting for a few years, but have been shooting in general for about 13 years. To that end i think its enough to have an idea and pass a judge!. cheers ss

AS BEFORE....

tell me what you require to see i will be happy to assist, i have been shooting FOXES for about 35 years, since i was 12, in the early days i went along with my Grandfather he is long dead now, that was when we used a 12v car battery and a cibie lamp, i am the proud owner of his Schmidt & Bender 6x42 rifle scope he used it back then, i did contact S&B regarding the scope giving them the serial No. all they could tell me that it was Over 30 years old and it was made by them for a company called Hubertus (Germany)

They did say if i wanted to exchange it for a brand new one , they would be happy to do so FREE of charge, i didnt take up there offer as its a great scope and works very well far better than the one i bought new 3 years ago.

As many have said its easy to shoot a fox, the hard bit is getting the fox in your cross hairs, this is when the true fox shooter comes into his own, with all the new tech. stuff going around for calling Foxes, about 5 years ago i tried to keep up with the times and produced a C.D. of Predator Calls, and over the years have sold hundreds, you should TRY one, brings "OLD CHARLIE" in pretty quick, but nothing can compare using your own call with your own voice/squeak.

But enough of me rambling on, as i have said before i dont need to prove how good or bad i am at shooting foxes, must be doing something correct if after 35 years i am still at it and shooting 300 - 400 on average per year, taking into consideration i am out 4 or 5 nights a week every week.

Thank you hiluxmk3 for the decency to reply to the thread! as i see you are obviously well hownd in the art fox shooting!! and have been doing it before i was a twinkle in my old man's eye!! so hat off to you. cheers again ss. :notworthy:

hello new member,and first post.Shot this big dog fox this year he weighed in at over 26lb to give a bit of scale the rifle is over 5'' long,and a week later 3 in the snow

DSCN1149.JPGDSCN1152.JPG

atb paul

Edited by pnse
hello new member,and first post.Shot this big dog fox this year he weighed in at over 26lb to give a bit of scale the rifle is over 5'' long,and a week later 3 in the snow

DSCN1149.JPGDSCN1152.JPG

atb paul

i love the rifle mate. whats the setup? semi-custom or custom?

DSCN1149.JPGDSCN1152.JPG

atb paul

FECK ME Paul,

I wish i had shot that one in the 1st picture its a cracker :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: one of the best pelts i have seen in a long while, i would guess it was shot on a large area of moorland in the middle of nowhere, i am sure you will let us know.

cheers hiluxmk3

AS BEFORE....

Thank you hiluxmk3 for the decency to reply to the thread! as i see you are obviously well hownd in the art fox shooting!! and have been doing it before i was a twinkle in my old man's eye!! so hat off to you. cheers again ss. :notworthy:

No problem mate, all i ever wanted out of starting this topic was to see how the other lads were doing around the country, when i 1st started many years ago there wasnt an awfull lot of fox shooters going around and was a great time for calling foxes, not as today, hundreds at it lamping foxes for whatever method they choose to control "OLD CHARLIE" only tonight i came acroos 2 guys in a Fiat Punto flashing a lamp up and down the fields from the road, they did get a fright when i apeared over the hill in my pickup with rooflamp pointing straight at them they scarpered pretty quick, couldnt say for sure what they were upto, but they shouldnt have been lamping where they were, can only think it was a couple out with there dog for a walk, as i did see a large skinny type dog in the back (Lurcher Type)

I HAVE MY OWN IDEAS BUT I WILL KEEP IT TO MYSELF....

WE WILL MEET AGAIN hopefully there dog is on a lead so easy to get lost if its running free and you need to switch the lamp off !!!

Hilux,

seems i owe you an apology, i'm just a bit paranoid about feckin anti's, when people ask to see pictures of kills,

(plus i've made a mental note not to post after five pints of rough cider !! :icon_redface: )

Hope you accept that i dont normally slag people off. ATB doss.

Hilux,

seems i owe you an apology, i'm just a bit paranoid about feckin anti's, when people ask to see pictures of kills,

(plus i've made a mental note not to post after five pints of rough cider !! :icon_redface: )

Hope you accept that i dont normally slag people off. ATB doss.

No problem mate !!!

we all make assumptions that are wrong, human nature, few pints dont help, no offence taken mate still PALS,takes a lot of guts to apologise when you are wrong, you have my respect BIG TIME.

Regards hiluxmk3 :notworthy:

FECK ME Paul,

I wish i had shot that one in the 1st picture its a cracker :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: one of the best pelts i have seen in a long while, i would guess it was shot on a large area of moorland in the middle of nowhere, i am sure you will let us know.

cheers hiluxmk3

no the fox was shot just outside of cardiff,its the biggest ive come across.

atb paul

Guest miller1989

Iwill start 1st

11thJan.jpg

dogfox.jpg

Nice foxes mate...

injured foxes missing legs is more common than i thought, i have shot a few in the years that i have been shooting them, but i got 2 about a month apart, both were healed and foxes were in very good condition.

thanks for posting your pictures for us all to see , keep up the good work

hiluxmk3

This is the reason every shooter should have a dog to retrive the fox instead of blowing its leg off with a crap shot and it getting away down the dyke or bush whatever! i know most use a dog when shooting but if you dont then bare in mind if you done a crap shot like so the dog can always fininsh it off,and sent the fox if it makes any cover.