Personaly i think they fare better in an indoor enviroment.A lot of the old miners i used to work with kept these dogs for the odd rabbit and racing on a sunday morning usualy at the miners welfare ground most kept them inside.But they are a lot tougher than their appearance suggests and if kept in draugh and damp free kennels i cant see their been a problem.atvb dell

my first post was a crank i keep whippets and race bwra always kept my dogs outside in nice coditions never found a problem keeping the dog at the right weight even with thier shit coats 90 percent of people think they have whippets are as hardy as any dog i have ever kept atb lucan

Guest little lurcher

mine are outside in heated kennels , you sleep in a warm bed dont you and work hard so why should your dogs , warm dry beds are important for any dog , dont coat mine at all even when out in freezing temps , but always have a warm bed at home , cut injury recovery times too , i use heat lamps and under bench green house heaters , approx 12-16 degs , less then 1p an hour to run

Guest fence_hopper

a real well bred working whippet will need no diferent trearment than any lurcher. in my kennels for all my dogs they have 1 inch kingspan in the walls 3 inch on the floor all covered in 2mm ply with a few layers of carpet nailed to a 2-1 batten frame fitted to the size of there bed and if that is a description of your whippet god help you, as my bitch is strong solid and built like a breeze bloke.

had a few whippets over the past 12 years kept 1 in da hoz and i think it made her soft

i hav 1 now is very strong and hardy and kept outside wif da rest

an doesnt shivver after an hr on the lamp

its only common sense that the kennel be waterproof and hav beddin