Neck rabbit problem

. My dog has caught 2 very young rabbits ,one last week and one tonight. I neck it by holding the head and pulling the back legs. But on the younger rabbits it's not working. I did it on the one tonight and herd the crack, but the little thing got up and tried to run. So I gave it a good hit on the back of head which did the trick. But same thing happened to the one last week?.

Is it because they are young. Or am I fuk n it up ? :(

works fine on the bigger ones

Guest fence_hopper

you hold its leg and grab its neck push down and twist :doh: or the way i do it grab it buy the neck put the palm of your hand under the chin and push its head back job done alb al

Edited by fence_hopper
Thanks guys. hate it when They don't die quick, I a bit soft when it comes to the young uns, though a smack to back of head works every time

Why soft when it comes to the young ones???? I love watching people when they first try to neck something and dont try hard enough cos they dont wanna hurt the rabbit...................... :clapper::clapper::clapper:

lol. I't dont bother me killing it. I just feel pity that it only a wee thing. plus not much for the pot. I like to kill quick so hate it when it don't work.

I find it more common that smaller ones heads just fall off in me hands!!!!! :icon_redface::icon_redface:

Guest fence_hopper
lol. I't dont bother me killing it. I just feel pity that it only a wee thing. plus not much for the pot. I like to kill quick so hate it when it don't work.

I find it more common that smaller ones heads just fall off in me hands!!!!! :icon_redface::icon_redface:

pmsl :laugh:

Try putting the rabbit over your thigh and push down as you do it,this will give you more purchase.A lot of people find it difficult simply because its harder to pull when your arms are further apart.HTH's

P.S theres nothing wrong with wanting to despatch your quarry humanely,always better to ask advice than get it wrong. :thumbs:

Try putting the rabbit over your thigh and push down as you do it,this will give you more purchase.A lot of people find it difficult simply because its harder to pull when your arms are further apart.HTH's

P.S theres nothing wrong with wanting to despatch your quarry humanely,always better to ask advice than get it wrong. :thumbs:

:clapper: @Bill...

I just hold them by the back legs and chop them hard on back of the neck works every time' now pigeons on the other hand i must say i am crap at necking them head comes off most times i seem to have more success spinning them round by their heads.

Quote(I just hold them by the back legs and chop them hard on back of the neck works every time' )

yes that's what I do. It seems to work very quick.

try holding the head and flicking them breaks the neck every time "just dont let go....".