As coldweld says, it depends on many things, make of brass, age of brass, size of chamber, whether you neck size or full-length. What has the most bearing on case life is how hot you load, get up to maximum pressures and you may only get a couple of loads before cases split or primer pockets enlarge. For standard loads expect 15-30 plus re-loads. For mild loads, the cases may well last as long as the gun.

As coldweld says, it depends on many things, make of brass, age of brass, size of chamber, whether you neck size or full-length. What has the most bearing on case life is how hot you load, get up to maximum pressures and you may only get a couple of loads before cases split or primer pockets enlarge. For standard loads expect 15-30 plus re-loads. For mild loads, the cases may well last as long as the gun.

You are kinda right the the hot load stuff but full length sizing is the worst of all as it works the brass & can only go 1 way to the neck then you trim it back & take away brass.

Hmmm. I'm not arguing, but I guess I'm lucky with 223 brass anyway - my loads on that have always been at or near max - I will back it down a bit if there are pressure signs, otherwise I load as hot as I can. PPU and FC brass has lasted ages. PPU is a bit tired now, but it's had a fair few reloads.

243 remains to be seen. My 70gr nosler loads are max though, and work well. We shall see how long that brass lasts! Again, PPU so cheap anyway...

Without knowing how much powder is in the case you can't say, depending on which powder it could be anything from a 35 grains to 50 grains load. Plus case, plus primer, plus bullet.

Different makes of case vary considerably also, in fact cases from the same maker vary by several grains.

Edited by bobndog
Hmmm. I'm not arguing, but I guess I'm lucky with 223 brass anyway - my loads on that have always been at or near max - I will back it down a bit if there are pressure signs, otherwise I load as hot as I can. PPU and FC brass has lasted ages. PPU is a bit tired now, but it's had a fair few reloads.

243 remains to be seen. My 70gr nosler loads are max though, and work well. We shall see how long that brass lasts! Again, PPU so cheap anyway...

Yep, I find that the 223 cases last the longest also, followed by 308, then 243 and with a very short life, 300 Win mags.

I load as hot as pressure signs allow also, it gives the best accuracy in my guns.