Got talking earlier with my boy and was telling him about the old days where we used to have street carnivals. He couldn't believe that everyone used to dress up and have floats (lorries) made up in a theme. All the streets would have their own float made up with loadsa people on then we'd all meet up on our local football/rugby field and have a massive party :clapper: what ever happened to this tradition? i reckon it was something to do with health and safety :thumbdown: Anyone else use to have street carnivals.

remember as a kid having village carnivals & huge bonfires in Nov , people would be collecting wood for months , sadly health & safety put a stop to it all :thumbdown:

We used to have them every year up untill the tories decemated all the coal mines in the yorkshire area and beyond and everbody got the look after no 1 mentality created by yours truly maggie thatcher.atb

did you work in the mines

YES i did and was invoved in the fight for jobs and communitys in the year long pit strike of 84 85 and witnessing today the loss of that strike.How the communities have changed for the worse.atb dell
remember as a kid having village carnivals & huge bonfires in Nov , people would be collecting wood for months , sadly health & safety put a stop to it all :thumbdown:

We still have huge bonfires in november loads of people turn up just to watch it even the local bobbie comes up to watch it

Raiderboy