Pics of bucks

Had a client out at weekend past there. Was out the sat morning and spotted a nice buck up in a set aside field just up from where we had parked the motor. The wind was perfect for a stalk so set off up the track, buck was feeding up the same way as us. Got within 80 yards of the buck, who was standing broadside on, out in the field so opened the shooting sticks, client got himself steady and bang, clean miss, buck took off up to the wood. The client couldn't believe he missed, but he went right over the top.

Out the sat night and in the same spot here was the buck he missed that morning, so again stalked into the beast, this time there was a doe with him, managed to get to a strainer to get a lean, this time the end off the barrel was waving around, buck fever think was getting to him, anyway the buck was again broadside on about 90 yards, bang and down went the buck, the doe looked up then just carried on feeding again. As we got to the buck I noticed its head, looks like it will make a medal head, client was well chuffed. Unlucky buck though.

Will put a photo up and a photo of the other buck he got too.

Edited by East coast

:gunsmilie: first time i used shooting sticks ,i was shooting all mydeer high in the shoulder area ,didnt mis one ,just took some getting used to the sticks.

Had a client out at weekend past there. Was out the sat morning and spotted a nice buck up in a set aside field just up from where we had parked the motor. The wind was perfect for a stalk so set off up the track, buck was feeding up the same way as us. Got within 80 yards of the buck, who was standing broadside on, out in the field so opened the shooting sticks, client got himself steady and bang, clean miss, buck took off up to the wood. The client couldn't believe he missed, but he went right over the top.

Out the sat night and in the same spot here was the buck he missed that morning, so again stalked into the beast, this time there was a doe with him, managed to get to a strainer to get a lean, this time the end off the barrel was waving around, buck fever think was getting to him, anyway the buck was again broadside on about 90 yards, bang and down went the buck, the doe looked up then just carried on feeding again. As we got to the buck I noticed its head, looks like it will make a medal head, client was well chuffed. Unlucky buck though.

Will put a photo up and a photo of the other buck he got too.

That first buck is a bute but the rest are pi sh i hope you didn't charge them to shoot such pour beasties. One like that should be free of charge.

Agreed WireViz, the rest do seem poor,

you seem to know your Roe ;)

maybe thats from a years in deer management ay?

Regards

Cant you read it said cull buck's which they where all so they only got charged the outing fee's nothing more than that which is the case on every cull package we sell

We top up our outing fee's by selling the roe to a local hotel.

Regards

Thats some good looking cull bucks ,all the better quality ones left to plant their seed and keep the good blood lines going well done.

• 1 month later...