Is Philp King still hunting dogs

i was wondering when SOUNDERS side kick was going to appear.BRYANyour never to far from your master,HEEL BOY HEEL.in case your finding it hard to keep up BRYAN,we are mostly refering to some of the great dogs that have passed and possibly present

There's actually a few things being discussed Jacob but don't let that trouble you. My loyalties are to Ireland and hunting.

Bryan

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IM GLAD 2 SAY THIS,BUT U HAVE PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT THAT IT WAS PADDY SWEENEY THAT HAD IRISH LADY/IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT UR DAD HAD 2 TAKE HER AWAY COS HE PUT THE SALUKI SUNNY OVER HER/ DID SHE STA

DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING DEROGATORY BY SAYING "SUPERSTARS" MATE COS I THINK THEY COME ROUND ONCE A LIFETIME IF U ARE VERY LUCKY...THAT WAS A GOOD LITTER & THERE ARENT MANY LITTERS THAT PRODUCE SUCH DEC

Posted Images

Steady on there Jacob, Im sure Bryan didnt mean harm . But you are correct indeed, we have sidestepped the issue and should get back on track.

I have had the pleasure of hunting on both sides of the water for over 40 years and have seen some sites. I would say that a sizable amount of English lurchers have Irish bloodlines and most lurchermen would admit that.

can anyone tell me if nuttal ever got any dogs of mr king,i have heard a few storys about mr nuttal breeding

Yes indeed Jack, Where as Plumber and Philip could not be described as mates, this is not the case with Nuttal, These two were great friends and a considerable amount of Philips dogs went across the water to Nuttal

BRYAN i feel you are trying to bring down a good topic,i commend you for your loyalitys to your country,but may i point out you were the only one to mention courseing DEER , the rest of us are happy enough to discuss the breeding of the dogs.TOUGHGUY you seem to be a man with good knowledge on the courseing,do you still keep dogs,and would i be correct to assume you were at the top of the courseing world in your day

Guest ivorbigun

well philip king :D:D:D:D

nothing but a puppy peddler like hancock but not quiet as big :):):) ive followed this topic with interest,soon as hancock gets mentioned people use the word puppy peddler,dirty kennels the lot,what is the differance in these 2 :no::no::no::no:

now to the blood over in ireland no disputing they have some of the best horses and greyhounds and for a fact lurchers as well , the amount of times on this site ive seen people say we send our shite over to ireland once weve finished with it on the fens :laugh::laugh::laugh: what a joke.come on fellas do you think for 1 minute we would put up with your english shite here yes of coarse we have an amount of hot dogs here :tongue2: brought over when chored by the travellers but we wouldnt buy your shite,i think its more the other way round you buy our shit :laugh: anyway all have a good day and lets see this topic get back on track :bye:i wasnt going to say this but ive decidd to,many a year ago i went digging with mr king when it was all legal and all,and to say his kennels were disgusting was an understatement,i would class hancocks kennels like the hilton compared to a back street youth hostel,who has been to mr kings on here,as i was disgusted in the way he does things all the containers full of animal food with blow flys all around,dead calfs on the drive with dogs pulling meat of the animals to feed,very drugoanian ways, and no these ways dont work now

Edited by ivorbigun
I will give your regards to Philip lads and Philip lives in County Cavan.Irish Lady was owned by Mickey Quinn but I cant actually remember whether he bred the bitch or not. Thanks for sticking up for me Jacob, one certainly has to watch ones Ps and Qs on this forum. It would be nice Sounder to hear your opinions on these topics considering you come from my neck of the woods.......or do you know the legendary Philip King at all???
to be honest never heard of the man but going on the last post ????? i don't want to no time for peddlers !!!!! i don't bring down any topic on here, but when people talk about hare coursing, and others and name people that still breed them dog for the job on a open forum it;s not good for all of us, lads look back in history on here where raids took place all over this country and england men got arrested post that they had on here were all in a file inches thick,and ye blamed the thl :blink: and never themselves for posting in the first place,as for jacob you not on here long enough to see that but work away learn the hard way ,i am not being a plonker only there no need to to be naming people on a site, if some one has his number pm it to me i ring him to see if he wants his name on a open forum,

think before ye post !!!!

sounder

Guest ivorbigun
ivorgun you say its true then,kennels a mess.75 dogs thsts ridiculous when are they worked.seems dodgey stuff to me.

100%shit hole and if he is sending dogs to england and especally to cn like an earlier posts says well what can i say ive seen the shit hole and hancocks is a palace compared,

Edited by ivorbigun

Yep seen the dead beasts in the yard and seen up to 30 lurchers, terriers and wheatens all running loose on his yard.

But I do know some of the most competitive dog men out there go only to P.K. for their dogs including John K. for many years who keeps some of the best. Nobody mentioned him.

Also heard of the video made of his yard many years ago where it showed a bitch after whelping down the field in a natural burrow.

I would be amazed if his dogs nowadays have a drop of Irish Terrier in them. Incidently when his dogs were Irish terrier and Wheaten crosses they were amongst the best then too.

I also remember the same man getting up to £300 for black terriers in the late 80s. Even then he could name his price on a running dog.

With respect Bigun, Philip is a man with an incredible knowledge of dogs . As I have already mentioned the dogs are kept on a farm. As a lurcherman of many years I have never seen any dog breeder on either side of the water breed such consistantly top class dogs. For those of us big enough to admit the truth, Philip should indeed be respected as one of the greatest lurchermen of his generation. Knowing Philp as well as I do, Im sure he would be laughing away at some of the comments so far. Ted, was probably the finest wheaten dog I have ever or will ever see in my lifetime...owner, Philip King.

i wonder if the ispca or gardai pop's in on this post for a mooch!!! and then call to him take all his dogs ban him for keeping dogs, who stand up and say THAT WAS ME WHO NAME HIM ON THE SITE :o , can ye see now why it better to say little till ye hear more!!again this is a open forum where my comments means jack shit i am only a mod!!!!so should i take it down to keep this man name out or leave it up to please one or two that think they can be post what they want to and name anyone on a open forum!!!!!! :whistling:

sounder