Is Philp King still hunting dogs

as i have come to this topic late and seem to have the best knowledge of mr kings yard i feel i must add a futher coment rambo was not a full wheaten but irish ardle kerry blue and wheaten all mixed however he had a wheaten called ted the reason king dose not need to advertise is he has been very lucky to sell some of his dogs to very good handlers and as any dog man knows no matter how well bread or well reared a dog is in the wrong hands his or her hunting life will be short lived and as i have found when you do sell one on to england or else where in ireland and say where it came from by way of advertisement when you go back to buy again you will soon find a some what higher price list and the man that finished these dogs of and actuly made them what they were is never mentioned funny how some men always seem to buy good dogs of king and some seem to try and try and never get a good one of him

Well now Black ass......I reckon I was visiting Philips yard before you were born.....but the rest of your comments are very valid indeed. Ive had dogs going back generations and generations from Phil and his breeding has proved itself time and time again. Im sorry to say that I have brought home many dogs from across the water over the years and without being disrespectful to you English boys,Im afraid none of these dogs were cut out to run the difficult type grounds that we run.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IM GLAD 2 SAY THIS,BUT U HAVE PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT THAT IT WAS PADDY SWEENEY THAT HAD IRISH LADY/IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT UR DAD HAD 2 TAKE HER AWAY COS HE PUT THE SALUKI SUNNY OVER HER/ DID SHE STA

DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING DEROGATORY BY SAYING "SUPERSTARS" MATE COS I THINK THEY COME ROUND ONCE A LIFETIME IF U ARE VERY LUCKY...THAT WAS A GOOD LITTER & THERE ARENT MANY LITTERS THAT PRODUCE SUCH DEC

Posted Images

BRYAN i feel you are trying to bring down a good topic,i commend you for your loyalitys to your country,but may i point out you were the only one to mention courseing DEER , the rest of us are happy enough to discuss the breeding of the dogs.TOUGHGUY you seem to be a man with good knowledge on the courseing,do you still keep dogs,and would i be correct to assume you were at the top of the courseing world in your day

I will always keep working dogs Jacob. As did my father and his father before him. I have an uncle across the water who still keeps lurchers but being well into his 80s now, no longer works them. I sold a big coursing dog to J Dean from the South East of England in the early 90s and I know that this dog won every match the length and breadth of Britian back then.

I enclose a picture of my own breed from the 90s, an unbeaten bitch at everything.

post-38158-1249744478_thumb.jpg

bare with me here,if you had 75 dogs for sale would on the law of averages some of them be very good some shite.never seen the mans dogs ,and im not too far from him.so cant put him down,but if it works [bANNED TEXT] hes doing then he goin to keep it up.by the way was the man ever in america.

Michael, there are many lurchermen who if they had 750 dogs for sale, every last one of them would be shite. Heres the difference....From what Ive seen over the years, Philip consistantly produces a very high percentage of pups that go on to make the grade. I will not comment on America but am curious as to why you ask?

With respect Bigun, Philip is a man with an incredible knowledge of dogs . As I have already mentioned the dogs are kept on a farm. As a lurcherman of many years I have never seen any dog breeder on either side of the water breed such consistantly top class dogs. For those of us big enough to admit the truth, Philip should indeed be respected as one of the greatest lurchermen of his generation. Knowing Philp as well as I do, Im sure he would be laughing away at some of the comments so far. Ted, was probably the finest wheaten dog I have ever or will ever see in my lifetime...owner, Philip King.

i toughguy phil ad wheaten called rambo it used to live in a little brick hut half way down the driveway that was the best wheaten ive seen do you remeber that dog

Zak, I cant remember a wheaten dog called Rambo, what year roughly was that? I remember a fine lurcher dog belonging to a chap by the name of Kevin Reavey just above the border there, back in the 80s called Rambo. I bred off that dog and produced a fine bitch that was killed one night during a lightning strike, believe it or not.

hi toughguy the lurcher you remember was bread off rambo the stright wheaten dog and named after him it wud be early 80s when we were going over

tough guy may be you are older and wiser than me as is mr king but older is not always better would you think that todays football or soccer is more advanced than 20 years ago kings dogs have changed both in breed and handlers over the years i have hunted with him more times than i care to rember however i have never seen him run a dog as i would or sell one that attracted as mutch comment as some i and others have sold on all be it they were reared in kings some of whitch have been mentioned some pages pack double is not the way to go something that king and his hunting mates dont seem to have learned over the years while in his crew i have seen 3 men with over 100 years experience between them slip both dogs they were leading at the sight of a single quarry by the way his preference seems to be for wippets these days a breed he denounced for the last 20 years

With respect Bigun, Philip is a man with an incredible knowledge of dogs . As I have already mentioned the dogs are kept on a farm. As a lurcherman of many years I have never seen any dog breeder on either side of the water breed such consistantly top class dogs. For those of us big enough to admit the truth, Philip should indeed be respected as one of the greatest lurchermen of his generation. Knowing Philp as well as I do, Im sure he would be laughing away at some of the comments so far. Ted, was probably the finest wheaten dog I have ever or will ever see in my lifetime...owner, Philip King.

i toughguy phil ad wheaten called rambo it used to live in a little brick hut half way down the driveway that was the best wheaten ive seen do you remeber that dog

Zak, I cant remember a wheaten dog called Rambo, what year roughly was that? I remember a fine lurcher dog belonging to a chap by the name of Kevin Reavey just above the border there, back in the 80s called Rambo. I bred off that dog and produced a fine bitch that was killed one night during a lightning strike, believe it or not.

hi toughguy the lurcher you remember was bread off rambo the stright wheaten dog and named after him it wud be early 80s when we were going over

Jaysus ,you have me there Zak. Fecked if I can remember that wheaten called Rambo.......Was the three legged stud dog called Rambo? I think im beginning to lose the auld memory....shit.

tough guy may be you are older and wiser than me as is mr king but older is not always better would you think that todays football or soccer is more advanced than 20 years ago kings dogs have changed both in breed and handlers over the years i have hunted with him more times than i care to rember however i have never seen him run a dog as i would or sell one that attracted as mutch comment as some i and others have sold on all be it they were reared in kings some of whitch have been mentioned some pages pack double is not the way to go something that king and his hunting mates dont seem to have learned over the years while in his crew i have seen 3 men with over 100 years experience between them slip both dogs they were leading at the sight of a single quarry by the way his preference seems to be for wippets these days a breed he denounced for the last 20 years

Black assassin, Im afraid I know jackshit about football so I cant comment on that, and I have no doubt that you excellent dogs there too. Sure look we all made a balls of things in the heat of the moment, what with excitement and all, but are we all not in the same boat, just a bunch of fellas out for a bit sport and enjoyment......If certain people had their way, ( like across the water) the likes of you and I would spend every night in watching TV and as true as God I would end up at myself most nights. Dont know where you are coming from with the comment on whippets....