Mink: I'm At It Again!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Cant you keep your posts abit shorter Ditch Shitter,ive had to make an appointment for the opticians my eyes ache that much :laugh: Set the snares about an inch and a half off the ground,your loops are too big and to be honest i think your snares will run far too slow with those eyes on them.You would be better off with a plane wire loop and a drounding wire.Anyway good luck mate ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek:Inch and a Half????? My god! Who in hell told me to go Four?! Dear god, if I had hair I'd be ripping it out by now!

OK, P&G. You're The Man. You inspired this whole deal so I'll listen to you. When I go to stare at my empty loops tomorrow, I'll drop the buggers way back down again :good:

Mheanwhile, Great to see you back. And I promise you This post'll be easier on the eye. Pictures! :laugh:

Ok: Following on from Moley's desperate pleas; I've 'Fenced' the sets. Talk about 'Zen and the Art of Mink Snaring'! It was like the f***ing Tea Ceremony out there today! Every blade of grass. Every drop of due, just 'So' :rofl: Here's the art work. Judgements, gentlemen, please:

Bush Set ~ Fenced

Bush Set ~ Overview

Styx Set ~ Fenced

Nothing I can say will change what you see there. What's the verdict, please?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Too f***ing high! :11: Someone ~ I'm sure ~ suggested along the way that I go for 4". Tomorrow I'll drop them down to P&G's 2 1/2". That man caught a damn mink! Nuff said?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

No, I believe you suggested a Loop Width of 4", didn't you? Anyway, the bottom wire of my loops is currently 4" off the ground - way too high. My loops are c. 3" diamater. I err towards the 2 1/2".

Tomorrow I'll stick with that size. But I'll drop them down to 2 1/2" off the ground. I'll also take my tape and try to get fully illustrative, precisley measured shots. I do realise the photo's can be misleading. Especially that damn bush as it's down an incline and drops away steeply right behind the loop.

We'll get there :good:

And, don't forget; All this takes up just minutes of my busy days. It's not as if I'm out there for hours on end, struggling with this issue :)

Guest The Big Fish

Fecking hell ditcher :11: havent you caught it yet????????? :blink:

Give me a minuet and i will book a ticket and fly over and shoot the fecker for you, at least that way you will have peace of mind :11:

No, I believe you suggested a Loop Width of 4", didn't you? Anyway, the bottom wire of my loops is currently 4" off the ground - way too high. My loops are c. 3" diamater. I err towards the 2 1/2".

Tomorrow I'll stick with that size. But I'll drop them down to 2 1/2" off the ground. I'll also take my tape and try to get fully illustrative, precisley measured shots. I do realise the photo's can be misleading. Especially that damn bush as it's down an incline and drops away steeply right behind the loop.

We'll get there :good:

And, don't forget; All this takes up just minutes of my busy days. It's not as if I'm out there for hours on end, struggling with this issue :)

I thought thats what we were talkin about the width ? :unsure:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ricky, a tip for you, mate: If you wait till the whole page has unloaded, then use This button to reply , rather than this one then that will stop you repeating my every word, parrot fashion, just 'seconds' after I've said them myself :good: Only I'm sure this thread is tedious enough as it is, without replication, replication, replication ;)

TBF: Object of this entire excersise is to Learn How to Snare 'A' Mink. I have many other options at my disposal to 'catch a mink'. I just want to learn something new: Snaring one :)

Guest The Big Fish
TBF: Object of this entire excersise is to Learn How to Snare 'A' Mink. I have many other options at my disposal to 'catch a mink'. I just want to learn something new: Snaring one :)

" Ahh, i see " said the blind man.....

That right Ditch. Is the other thread still running where you're trying to trap one ?

Only teasing mate. :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:blink: Bugger just crashed straight through my 'Fence', Moles! Juncas stems I used to 'turn his head' were bent and displaced. But it was a mink alright. Tell by the height if the snaps and so forth. Also, the trail from the junction of these two ditches to that bridge was fresh and red hot! He's persisting to use that crossing, regardless of what I do - Good! Like you said; Fearless!

Ok, mate, I feel I'm closing in on him. What do you suggest? Drive stakes in, for a fence? I even wonder at just cutting a grill mesh square and giving him a little 'gate' in it. Either way, he has to be made to pay for all this. Then maybe I can drop this damn saga and get on with my life! :rofl: