food for ferrets

hey guys, whats the best thing to fatten up your ferrets ?

food

my jills at the moment are looking thin but its that time of year when they have been in and out of season without me breeding them,,but i feed mine on the usual stuff rabbit carcasses,tripe,ferret complete,cat food,pigeon,i would say if you want to put some weight on them give them plenty of the ferret complete biscuits,make sure they have plenty of drinking water though,,

yea iv just had my jill spaded. she has put a lil weight on since then. i just wanted to ask thats all. they get chicks and dry ferret food daily and when i go shooting they get a rabbit or bird once a week

cheers guys roll on ferret season :D

The ferts do seem to be a leaner in the summer even the hobs go a bit thiner sometimes

its the time of year also with there summer coats make them look a bit rough so to speak

Just make sure they have got plenty of food fur or feather preferbly but keep an eye on the flies

or dry ferret food if not clean fresh water and they will be fine

come the winter when they are not in breeding mode anymore and they have there nice thick

winter coats they look like a different ferret

Guest Countryboyo

Mine are getting mince from the butcher and whatever I shoot with the air riffle . mince in the morning and bit of rabbit or bird at night. I always skin the bird to save clean up.

I've got mine on value frozen mince from the supermarkets at the minute. It's only something like £1.30 for a 750g bag. It's got a high fat content with it being the 'no frills' stuff. I had my dogs on it too for a while, but they started getting fat! :laugh: It's back to value chicken portions for them! :D (Until I can start going out & getting rabbits again!) :thumbs:

Mine are getting mince from the butcher and whatever I shoot with the air riffle . mince in the morning and bit of rabbit or bird at night. I always skin the bird to save clean up.

Just de-breast the birds Boyo, its easier ;)

Guest Countryboyo

Just de-breast the birds Boyo, its easier ;)

ya i usually do ;) throw it into the freezer in bags then. each bag containing one days grub for my two. I just take a bag out every night to thaw out for the next day.