DOG TRACKING SYSTEMS

Last year went for a walk with my dog when it seen a deer in the next field and took off after it we ran to keep the dog and deer in sight but they were gone it took 3 1/2 hours to find the dog to say i was getting worried would be an understatment i think this as happened to a few lads/lase that they have lost ther dogs for a few hours so i got to thinking the yanks use tracking systems on there hounds i was wondering has any body use them over here. they would be agood bit of kit just in case your dog sees a deer while you are walking and takes off ;)

There is tracking systems you can get. I know of lads who have two collars they keep on their harriers to track them when they go on on a fox. They told me the piece of kit was a couple of hundred quid and its tracks them up to a certain distance but im not sure what that distance is but they say its a great job.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOC8TOR-PLUS-Locator...4#ht_3969wt_939

These will go up to nearly 200m, not sure what range you were you looking for?

The system i am referring to tracked dogs up to a number of kilometres. I will try and find out more.

htis is one of the newest and best!!! it works via mobile phone and can be used anywhere in the world by yourself or anyone else you wish to have the code etc!!

http://www.retrievatracking.com/at_dog_collar.aspx

http://www.retrievatracking.com/view_range.aspx

Edited by Garypco
Last year went for a walk with my dog when it seen a deer in the next field and took off after it we ran to keep the dog and deer in sight but they were gone it took 3 1/2 hours to find the dog to say i was getting worried would be an understatment i think this as happened to a few lads/lase that they have lost ther dogs for a few hours so i got to thinking the yanks use tracking systems on there hounds i was wondering has any body use them over here. they would be agood bit of kit just in case your dog sees a deer while you are walking and takes off ;)

Try http://www.falcontelemetrics.co.uk/prices.htm

They make very good rechargable dog collar transmitters!

i use falconry telemetry transmitters duck taped onto their harnesses when hunting/tracking.

i use falconry telemetry transmitters duck taped onto their harnesses when hunting/tracking.

ive got a proper luksander dog collar on 216 but the new gps/gsm technology is awsome!