Suggestions

In light of recent topics and in particular, Polls in this section, I get the feeling that it is turning into a bit of a nonsense part of the forum, where the kids can come out to play without repercussion.

That isn't what I want this section to become. It has a reputation as a valuable and level headed section where shooting skills are exploited and shared with others, but it seems to be getting the point of no return, with the same topics, asking the same questions, with very little theory being put into practice.

I ask a simple question,

What do you want to see from this section?

ATB

SS :thumbs:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split the section in two, folk who want banter on one side, and those that want to bore the arse of me talking nuts n bolts on the other, because I can stand and look in a gunshop window and achieve that thrill, and who's starting arguements?

A ban on meaningless polls for a start... There's plenty of info on the back pages in this section, you can understand someone who's new to the site asking certain types of questions, but there's no excuse for a person who has been a regular in here for months asking some of the questions or going over topics that have been repeated a good number of times.

I find thats just the way forums are, you know by the name what they are posting, and whether or not your interested in what they're got to say, shame for this section if every ones going to start falling out over a few kiddies polls.

I'm trying to avoid splitting opinion over the recent polls.

Stealthy,

General Talk is for banter that isn't to do with Airgunning, if people have banter on threads then thats fine, its when it gets to the point of being someone posting a thread just to take the piss out of another and it just becomes silly.

Serious threads and shooting reports are great when you have banter between the members, they aren't the problem.

i would like to see

an air gun hunting only section pics,& positive replies and tales of the day { excuse the pun} and an air gun technical section where they can poll to there arse is content and review rifles,tips,trouble shooting {pardon the pun again} and general stuff to do with maintenance of air guns.also you have the young hunters why not put a block on for the 18 and over

:angry: rant!! over

regards

davy

So,

A Rifle Review, Tips, Repair section, then a separate section for shooting reports.

When you say a block for over 18's, do you mean disallow those who are under 18 into this section?

SportingShooter'

I ask a simple question,What do you want to see from this section?

answer to question 1 YES!

answer to question 2 YES!

So,

A Rifle Review, Tips, Repair section, then a separate section for shooting reports.

When you say a block for over 18's, do you mean disallow those who are under 18 into this section?

SportingShooter'

Well, No.1 is probably do-able. No.2 isn't either workable or practical. It would rely on the date of birth members supply, which can be changed in about four clicks.

So,

SportingShooter'

Well, No.1 is probably do-able. No.2 isn't either workable or practical. It would rely on the date of birth members supply, which can be changed in about four clicks.

how niave am i, :doh: there's me tinkin every one on here is honest? :whistling: in what they say!!

regards

honest jon AKA davy

I like to consider my self fairly mature when it comes to posting on this site, and myself being one of the "under 18" fraternity, see no reason why this section or any section upon this site being made unatainable to younger memebers of this site. Its fairly universal that airguns are how many people get involved with shooting, I for one think the more people who hunt and shoot abiding by the law and good practice can only be good for securing our sport in the future.

Would it be possible for a "three strike rule" to be introduced, i.e two warnings for posting stuff that doesnt promote our sport, or arguments or what have you, then either suspension or deleted from the site????

Obviously I understand that this already happens to a certain extent and i'm not having ago at the mods at all, its just the limitaions of working, hunting and sorting out the petty arguments out in their spare time, so maybe more mods????