Pole cat kits

hello are any of these kits for sale,thanks

not sure mate unlikley, i wont some, some friend's wont some and iv had alot of interest of here, depends if iv got 3 or 4 hobs

Edited by Kate28

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you pay for your polecats, you dont have to answer, I'm just intersted :)

cant remember 100% it was 4 or 5 years ago think they wer 25 each for a hob and jill the hob was pure and jill 7/8 pure pole cat

not sure mate unlikley, i wont some some friend wont some and iv had alot of interest of here, depends if iv got 3 or 4 hobs

i wont some some friend wont some :clapper:

have you had a hard day ;)

not sure mate unlikley, i wont some some friend wont some and iv had alot of interest of here, depends if iv got 3 or 4 hobs

i wont some some friend wont some :clapper:

have you had a hard day ;)

where shall i start ;)

What did you pay for your polecats, you dont have to answer, I'm just intersted :)

cant remember 100% it was 4 or 5 years ago think they wer 25 each for a hob and jill the hob was pure and jill 7/8 pure pole cat

what % were the parents to achieve 7/8 pure polecat?

Y.I.S Leeview

what % were the parents to achieve 7/8 pure polecat?

Y.I.S Leeview

3/4 back to pure

• 3 weeks later...
not trying tae piss on anybodys fire here

but how dae you guys know they are genuine wild polecats??

as there is no way of knowing, or did the breeder tell you that,

iv seen 2 hybrids in my life an both were owned by a man that had ferets for over 30 years

an they never tamed in 7 years even tho he hand reared them

i have a kit here that is identical tae yours in that it is very dark

but like you said it is like a kitten with me an the kids, an i know it come from normal domesticated ferets

Dotty

the fella got them from a zoo under licence,and there a thing these pole cats do tht iv never witneset a ferret do, this jill will work rabbit and then start rolling a slug across the ground trying to get the slime of it,and then eat it. when she was in kit she had 3" of shavings in her day run, but she pulled all of it into her bed to make a nest, it looked like it had been swept out,and there are charactoristics a ferret just dose't do.

there is no gaurante these kits will be as dark as there mother, there 7/8 back to pure and one kit has mit feet and white eye brows but the others look dark.

i have the revers of this matting to and albino jill and all kits wer abino

iv seen 2 hybrids in my life an both were owned by a man that had ferets for over 30 years

but like you said it is like a kitten with me an the kids, an i know it come from normal domesticated ferets

Dotty

the fella got them from a zoo under licence,and there a thing these pole cats do tht iv never witneset a ferret do, this jill will work rabbit and then start rolling a slug across the ground trying to get the slime of it,and then eat it. when she was in kit she had 3" of shavings in her day run, but she pulled all of it into her bed to make a nest, it looked like it had been swept out,and there are charactoristics a ferret just dose't do.

there is no gaurante these kits will be as dark as there mother, there 7/8 back to pure and one kit has mit feet and white eye brows but the others look dark.

Dotty

To be honest i dont think you can base the progeny on eating slugs & scraping saw dust into the bedding area, i have seen ferrets do both the things you describe , what limited experience i have with polecats is they behave very diffrently , they skulk, they dont crap in one place & i think most importently they dont smell the same as ferrets , and of course there nocturnal generally

What i will say is if these kits are 75% polecat then as they grow they will no doubt behave differently to a ferret, so homing them is going to be hard , making sure whoever takes them is 100% , they really not for the faint hearted