Kit has swollen anus, and pot belly

Guest Countryboyo

Guest Countryboyo

One of my 12 week old jill kits has a swollen anus and a pot belly. What could be wrong with her lads? I only have her since tuesday :wallbash:

Edited by Countryboyo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my 12 week old jill kits has a swollen vulva and a pot belly. What could be wrong with her lads? I only have her since tuesday :wallbash:

If you are sure about the age, and there is no chance she could be older and in season???....then I would give the vet a call mate..

Not wanting to make you sound silly but take a pic as it could be a prolapsed rectum , rather than the vulva , being so close together its a possibility you could have just mistaken it for the vulva :thumbs:

if it is the vulva then thats not something i would expect to see in a jill so young , so either way i would pop the ferret to the vets to be checked out :thumbs:

Guest Countryboyo
Not wanting to make you sound silly but take a pic as it could be a prolapsed rectum , rather than the vulva , being so close together its a possibility you could have just mistaken it for the vulva :thumbs:

Your right its the arse alright? couldnt get a decent photo. the stomach seems awful bloated. Any idea what it could be?

Your right its the arse alright? couldnt get a decent photo. the stomach seems awful bloated. Any idea what it could be?

Its usually something you see in ferret that have had the runs , generally loose stools , what are you feeding ?

Personally if the ferret is just not right, ie not playing , eating , drinking etc then i would go to the vets with it

If its ok other than the prolapse & behaving normally i would just watch closely for the next few hours or so , it could simply be a chnage in diet thats perhaps given it the runs a little bit , go with your gut reaction if you think its not right go to the vets

Guest Countryboyo

Its usually something you see in ferret that have had the runs , generally loose stools , what are you feeding ?

Feeding dry ferret feed soaked in a bit of water . theyre eating away and the other kit is having no problems. Im f****n sickened. do I need to worry?

We see a LOT of baby ferrets in pet stores like this.. It is likely a prolaps, most of the time the pet stores will moisten their kibble. But I've seen them just dwindle away to nothing, because they take no interest in each ferret.. To make sure that they get what they need

Guest Countryboyo
We see a LOT of baby ferrets in pet stores like this.. It is likely a prolaps, most of the time the pet stores will moisten their kibble. But I've seen them just dwindle away to nothing, because they take no interest in each ferret.. To make sure that they get what they need

So what does this mean? is the ferret f****d or what? What i do next is the main thing I want to know

So what does this mean? is the ferret f****d or what? What i do next is the main thing I want to know

I would ring the vets now & explain the clinical signs the bloated stomach & the prolapsed rectum , theres only one way to find out if its anything to really worry about , it could be something very simple like ajusting to a new diet & a full tummy or it could be an intestinal blockage , it really is a lottery as to what it is , a vet will be able to advice better than me or anyone else on here to be honest :thumbs:

Go with your gut reaction