Blocking ferrets in for the night

Yeh same hear never had to leave one behind my daughter can call out

any of our ferrets quite quickly even if they have killed so we are lucky in that sense

we dont have that problem thankfully BUT if i did have to leave one behind

I would proberbly leave the box

Ive never left one always waited no matter how long its took

Yes it was a first for me and if it had been daylight I would have waited until he surfaced. But it was getting dark and there was no way I could have watched that particular warren at night.

you did the best thing any one can do i donr it myself mate the best and safest way that was . of you wait at night he will be miles away by the time you look at all the holes. glad you got him back

something you could consider,a mate carrys a mink trap in the car,he has left ferrets before and puts a ball of straw in the trap with rabbit guts and on more than one occasion i have travelled out the next morning to find the ferret caught in the cage.all i say is god bless locators.

Guest Countryboyo
something you could consider,a mate carrys a mink trap in the car,he has left ferrets before and puts a ball of straw in the trap with rabbit guts and on more than one occasion i have travelled out the next morning to find the ferret caught in the cage.all i say is god bless locators.

Ya my plan for the season is to use my mink trap as the ferret carrier box so they will be used of it......

i wouldn't enter a ferret were i couldn't dig it out then this saves the problem of having to leave ferret BUT if i ever had to leave one i would block all the holes and go back each day with another ferret and collar untill i found it.

cheers, jay.

Ive never left one always waited no matter how long its took

Yes it was a first for me and if it had been daylight I would have waited until he surfaced. But it was getting dark and there was no way I could have watched that particular warren at night.

you did the best thing any one can do i donr it myself mate the best and safest way that was . of you wait at night he will be miles away by the time you look at all the holes. glad you got him back

Thanks mate

Yeah it felt bad leaving him on principle but I was confident that he would be waiting when I went back in the morning.

Never tried it on a layed up ferret, but I once re-caught an escapee in a rabbit box "see-saw" type trap. That worked pretty well, so baited with meat that would be an option if you have one.

And whoever said the dead rabbit in the hole thing, tying the rabbit to a stick means you can get it further down the hole if its a straightish burrow.. Its like fishing :)