Magpies For Davyt and Charlie

I bought a BSA Ultra .22 Multishot from Davyt's mate Charlie at the weekend and I'm seriously pleased with it.

I was up early this morning trying to settle an argument between two crows at the back of my house but they both scarpered as soon as I opened the door.

However.... there was a magpie sitting on the fencepost feeling cocky. Now, I know the fence post is exactly 35 yards from my back door and I have the rifle zeroed at 28 yards. I pointed the gun at him and aimed where his halo would be in 2 minutes time!!! he wasn't so cocky with a 5 and a half millimeter hole in his head. He dropped staight away, no noise from the gun either (the Logun silencer is magic).

Then...... his mate flew onto the same fence post to see what was happening... he must've thought the first magpie hopped down to the ground to get some treat/snail/shiny thing! I never took my eye off him through the scope and recocked the ultra........

Its nice when you can pile magpies up ready for collection!

So here you go guys, one each!

post-37112-1247571411.jpg

All the best,

John

Edited by hughes_jh

very nice shooting! how easy is the loading on the ultra? been told it's a little tricky.

Hi Aaron,

I think people may say its tricky because its a little unusual, but definitely not tricky. Just pull a little lever on the side to release the bolt, at the same time the magazine indexs round one stop. Push the bolt forward and that seats the pellet. Finally, cock the gun using the knob at the front of the stock. I just sat in my garden for 15 mins going through the routine till it became quite natural.

Also, I noticed a lot of people saying it tends to skip past some pellets in the magazine. It will only do this if you try to cock it before pushing the bolt forward. (i.e., releasing the bolt indexs the magazine, then cocking it also indexs the magazine too, thereby missing out a pellet)

First rabbit killed with the BSA Ultra.... he was sitting about 35 yards away and facing away from me. he raised his head an inch and just about gave me enough room to pick him off just behind the ear. I even blood shot his eye a little. Lovely kill from a lovely gun.

post-37112-1247870111_thumb.jpg