Magpies

Guest Bubbleduck
80 so far this year, place was heaving with the buggers in every tree. :o

They don't respond to baiting either, not many left now though lol! :gunsmilie:

80 that has got to be a record number, your trigger finger must have been sore, I thought my 35 was high as a lot of the controllers here try to beat it, I will now go off & find another day job sob cry throw my toys etc, just out of interest I see you were shooting them out of trees but were there crops near by that got them gathering or humans leaving food scraps like a picnic area, either way you are the Top Man come down here & work for me.

Atb, Foxon,

PS, did not go back out on the Fox it pissing down & blowing a hooley.

There are houses nearby and one of them puts tons of food out for the birds. There are flocks of collared doves hanging around there as well.

BTW I'm a lass lol :D

Guest Scuba1

80 that has got to be a record number, your trigger finger must have been sore, I thought my 35 was high as a lot of the controllers here try to beat it, I will now go off & find another day job sob cry throw my toys etc, just out of interest I see you were shooting them out of trees but were there crops near by that got them gathering or humans leaving food scraps like a picnic area, either way you are the Top Man come down here & work for me.

Atb, Foxon,

There are houses nearby and one of them puts tons of food out for the birds. There are flocks of collared doves hanging around there as well.

Yep she is a good shot but at least I get to do the manly stuff and can cook a load of them pigeon and dove breasts on the BBQ tomorrow.

ATB

Michael

Atb, Foxon,

A Girl with a gun right on, come on down, I will have to call you Top Girl now but I think Man sounds better, does help when neighbours like to feed the birds thou.

Atb, Foxon.

Yep she is a good shot but at least I get to do the manly stuff and can cook a load of them pigeon and dove breasts on the BBQ tomorrow.

ATB

Michael

ive had about 4 or 5 this year, got one the other day in my back garden, didnt even see his mate till he jetted.

Does anyone know why its iligal to bait them in with shiney things?

Some say it is not very sporting to bait birds, I know the RSPB frown upon this sought of thing, but then it is quite legal to get them in a larsen & you know what happens next.

Atb, foxon.

I have had two one landed in the garden so that was taken the other was interested in its mates sudden collapse. For its stupidity it went too.

I had exactly the same thing this morning... This is where a multishot really give the advantage you need to relaod and shoot again

post-37112-1247574673.jpg

I have had two one landed in the garden so that was taken the other was interested in its mates sudden collapse. For its stupidity it went too.

I had exactly the same thing this morning... This is where a multishot really give the advantage you need to relaod and shoot again

nice shooting jon, :clapper: are you pleased with the BSA

regards

davy

nice shooting jon, :clapper: are you pleased with the BSA

regards

davy

Hi Davy,

Yes, definitely enjoying it. I have to admit that due to the lack of recoil and being so silent I was sceptical that it was the same power as my Airsporter... but a few pellets burried into a fence post suggested otherwise! I also tried the SAS silencer and its extremely loud compared to the logun. I think I'll keep it on permantly.

I put a post on here earlier with the full story of the two magpies for you and Charlie.