The Hazards Of Rat Shooting

Guest rodsmith

i was shot twice last season.once a shotgun ricochet while bolting rabbits.3 pellets through the top lip(2 broken teeth) and 2 pellets in the bottom lip=lots of blood!!

2nd time,again a shotgun.in the back of the neck while flagging/turning partridge on a shoot day by a posh cu*t...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stubby...as daft as it sounds fac with soft pellets is a good option..the pellets splat on impact so no rebound, but there is a bitta spank dust at the poi...

.22 seems to be worse for it, or hard pellets, premethious were twats for it, and those SABO's were evil lol...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! BB's, the copper alloy ones...count the rebounds like a comady movies as it passes around the building .........

Edited by ghillies

Close call that mate, I once had a pellet bounce back from a sapling I was using to zero on, hit me in the bo***cks, had my dog jumping all over me while I was rolling on the ground, think he thought I was playing :D

Guest Bubbleduck
Close call that mate, I once had a pellet bounce back from a sapling I was using to zero on, hit me in the bo***cks, had my dog jumping all over me while I was rolling on the ground, think he thought I was playing :D

LOLOL!!! :laugh::laugh::lol:

:doh: hope it don't cause you no agro mate! i had a pellet wistle past my ear when i was zeroing my scope the other day :o thats close to your eye mate would have been much worse :blink: good luck on the recovery mate!
what pellets were you using?

in pest control (london underground) were only allowed to use hollow point, as less chance of ricochet

I was using AA Diable Field.

I tell you what it felt like mike tyson had hit me in the head, might be because the rat was only 10 yard away.

Yep accidents do happen! I had both femurs crushed by a car in the workshop, doing what every mechanic in the world has done at some point, guide someone else onto a ramp.

01.jpg

In fact most people have done this guiding lark onto a drive or parking spot. The H&S executive accepted it as a pure accident, I am still recovering over 2 years after. but it did lead me to pick up an Air rifle again and get shooting as motox is out of the question now!

I think the car that hit me had wheels disease as the brakes didn't work! lol.

Edited by fasthands