• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those locals ain't lurchermen bud,there men with lurchers and if thats the sort of advice they give out then go deaf everytime you speak to them.Nice looking pup and she'll be fine on the bunnies.

She will be fine, she should make 23-24in, spot on for rabbits. Just take your time with her, 12months old , and just a few runs. ;)

SPOT ON BIRD ;)

AS FOR YOU GUYS SAYING ITS GOING TO BE TO BIG ! HOW BIG IS TWO BIG? ITS EACH TO THERE OWN AND WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN FAVOURED SIZE AND SHAPES,MY OWN PREFERENCE IS 23 TO 24 INCH, BUT IVE SEEN 32INCH DEER DOGS IN EXCES OF 100LBS WEIGHT EQUAL IF NOT BETTER MY OWN DOGS ON LAMPED RABBITS , I DO BELIVE A BIG DOG IS CAPABLE OF MORE THAN A LITTLE DOG IN LOT OF CASES.

ASME9

My 3/4 grey 1/4 collie bitch pup is just coming up to 5 months, and she's currently 19.5 inches to the shoulder, at around 15kg in weight (see pic attached).

She's my first dog and I was wondering if anyone could estimate how tall she's going to get when full grown?

I got her for hunting rabbits, but a couple of local lurchermen I've bumped into when walking her have said she's going to be too big for rabbits (not sure if they meant daytime rabbits, on the lamp, or both).

I got a collie grey because I'd seen on this forum that they make good lurchers for first time owners, plus they were good all rounders, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have got a beddy whippet instead if I just wanted to hunt rabbits. Not that it makes much difference, as I've invested a lot of time in her and wouldn't give her up and don't have space for a second dog. I just want to get a better understanding of what I should and shouldn't be expecting from her as she matures.

Best,

JL

I DONT THINK IT WILL BE TO BIG MATE IV JUST SOLD A BITCH THATS 30INCH TTS AND SHE TAKES RABBITS FOR FUN SO I WOULDNT WORRY MATE