my kits having the first lick of food

my mums concoction lol carrots pork peas onions loads of juices potato's all good for them lol

all the best liam

No mate, not all good for them. Ferrets are pure carnivores- they can't use the nutrients found in plants. The pork is the only nutritional part for a ferret.

Carrots, peas and potatos are useless to the ferret, and onions actively dangerous.

"Onions are also dangerous to ferrets. Both raw and cooked onions contain disulphide. Disulphide will damage the animal’s red blood cells and cause too little oxygen to be carried through the ferret’s system, resulting in anemia. Symptoms of anemia include weight loss, panting, weakness and a rapid pulse."

Be very careful with onions, they ain't good for dogs either.

Don't mean to be critical, but would hate for your kits to suffer the ill effects of onions.

:o

Yeah, no vegetables for them.. Meat, bone and offal are the only thing that is good for them.. Not cooked, raw. Mine get rabbit, chicken, beef, pork, turkey, mice/rats, lamb, veal, squirrel, beaver, venison.. And whatever else I can get my hands on. It is the best thing for them, even better then dry food.