Golf course wipe out

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you go about getting permission at a golf course? Also what is involved in getting an FAC for souley air rifles not rimmys etc?

Hello Air gunner,

I was lucky to get a call from the new grounds man who asked me for help whilst the club is closed down.

I suppose just go and ask your local golf course, politely, dress sensible, bring no dogs or friends with you.

Or you can write to them, explain to them who you are, your age, your interests, you job, or schooling.

Ask who does their pest control. You will be surprised how many dont have a pest controller, or a groundsman who actually knows anything about rabbit control.

Good luck and im sure others on here will answer your question too.

The Mean Velocity is enough to knock em dead!

So what is that?

A .22 rf subsonic is 90 ftlbs and the bullet is 40grn.

60ftlbs must be sending a 15grn pellet out at a speed that can't be quietened because it is supersonic.

In that case a .22 rf would be a better option than a PCP.

The Mean Velocity is enough to knock em dead!

So what is that?

A .22 rf subsonic is 90 ftlbs and the bullet is 40grn.

60ftlbs must be sending a 15grn pellet out at a speed that can't be quietened because it is supersonic.

In that case a .22 rf would be a better option than a PCP.

A rim will always be better. My rifle was upgraded by a gunsmith direct from the factory in Cambridge.

Infact the rifle is fireing 63ft/lb. What I can do is get the Mv readings fax to me, I'll then post it on here

for you.

artic

Nice bag mate :clapper:

I also have a Theoben Rapid 7 that has served me well for many years.

I was just wondering though , now i have a rim license , would i need to inform the local police licensing authority if i wanted to upgrade my Rapid 7 to fac standard or will Theoben Engineering do the work after just looking at my fac ,

John

Ps : approx how much would it cost :unsure:

Edited by mjr88
artic

Nice bag mate :clapper:

I also have a Theoben Rapid 7 that has served me well for many years.

I was just wondering though , now i have a rimmy license , would i need to inform the local police licensing authority if i wanted to upgrade my Rapid 7 to fac standard or will Theoben Engineering do the work after just looking at my fac ,

John

Ps : approx how much would it cost :unsure:

Cheers,

Yes you would, otherwise you will be in posession of a illeagal firearm.

You need to add it to your FAC, it needs to be on the ticket, then Theoben will complete the work.

Be warned, they have a waiting list!!

Its not cheap my friend. :no:

Do you really want to upgrade owning a Rimmy?

Or you like me that wants a challenge?

:clapper:

Edited by artic

good bit of pest work there mate, ;)

but why have an air gun running at that :blink: 63 ft , fecking ell :o and only 25 shots. be better off running at 20 or so, and getting loads more shots, and still leathal.

question for ya, when you turn the power down , do you have to re-sight the scope????

good bit of pest work there mate, ;)

but why have an air gun running at that :blink: 63 ft , fecking ell :o and only 25 shots. be better off running at 20 or so, and getting loads more shots, and still leathal.

question for ya, when you turn the power down , do you have to re-sight the scope????

I got the Rapid when they first appeared, and at that time not owning a rimmy, i liked the look of it, the weight was spot on and its accuracy is out of this world, so i and had it running at 25ft/lb, having spoken with my friend who owns a gun shop, and knowing contacts with Theoben in cams i got it upgraded to what it is now. Its stupidly powerfull........

After adjusting its power for so long you get to know how many turns to make to suit your requirements.

If i lower it all the way to lets say 15ft/lb then i would need to adjust the turrets on the scope,(slightly), but then again you get to know how many clicks to use left/right, up/down in an instant.

Edited by artic
Heres 2 hours of hitting the rabbits hard.

Rifle, Rapid 7 fireing at 60ft/lb

Photo's is slightly blurry, been told this place is haunted! :D

golfcourseshooting006.jpg

golfcourseshooting008.jpg

15 gr pellet @ 60 ft.lbs. = 1342fps. Google in muzzle energy, go to Airhog, put in any two figures it'll give you the third. Neat. :clapper:

Ric

Guest air gunner

Hey artic i have read back on this post and noticed the mention of a cambridge gun smith. I also live in cambridge is the gun shop your speaking of called ben taylor and sons? also if you live in cambridge which golf course do you have permission on?

15 gr pellet @ 60 ft.lbs. = 1342fps.

Ric

Supersonic! So it can't be quietened.

Better with a subsonic .22rf.

The rifle is quiet enough Rjimmer.

Air Gunner, no the rilfe was up graded at Theoben themselves.

;)