Ive just got my Firearm cert yesterday :D after almost 2 and half month :angry: , and nows the time to have a trip down to the local gun shop and buy a .22lr. Ive got a few in mind like the CZ range, but im very interested in the Sako Quad, but wondering if anyone here has had any experience/ reviews of it, and the the Ammo i shud be looking at??

Any help would be great :thumbs:

Cheers.

hi,

well done on getting your FAC, the CZ's are as good as anything from what i have heard, but if you realy want a rabbit killing machine then get a ruger 10/22. brilliant gun. people say the jam but mine never has. as for ammo i shoot winchest subsonics as the shoot well, are reasonably priced and kill well. good luck and it will be intresting to see what other people suggest. post up what you get and some piccies.

Ive just got my Firearm cert yesterday :D after almost 2 and half month :angry: , and nows the time to have a trip down to the local gun shop and buy a .22lr. Ive got a few in mind like the CZ range, but im very interested in the Sako Quad, but wondering if anyone here has had any experience/ reviews of it, and the the Ammo i shud be looking at??

Any help would be great :thumbs:

Cheers.

get yourself a cz mate they are a top rifle and better with a sak mod, almost like a whisper, but only clean the mod after every 200/300 rounds wini subs £7 a box

Edited by speedystu
Thanks mate, ive got down for 2x .22lr so im after a Bolt action for now and then a Semi later on which will probably be the 10/22. And yeah i'll post some pics up when i make my mind up :D

semis are not all that good! loud clangy and jam!(moaners welcome) semis are really for heavily populated areas! you might as well fire from the hip! it is just as easy to re-cock(that's if your any good). but the choice is yours!

my 10/22 is a rimfire magic custom. it is as quite as my mates cz, it is not noisey. and look how well it shoots this group was shot at 75 yards, my zero range, laid down in a field using a bipod

IMAG0079.jpg

quater inch center - center. i can highly recommend one.

edit: it is a 3 shot group, 2 shots are through the top hole

Edited by the Verminator

id stick with the bolt action. somtimes alot of money has to spent on semis to make them shoot that well hence the "custom" best off sticking with a cz there cheap and i have not seen a non shooter yet or spend a little bit more and get a quad but you wont gain anything im afriad i know all too well that the whole barrel swapping thing is a complete gimmick and as is the scope they try too sell you too. but then again you learn from your mistakes.

liam

i dont think there much difference if any when using .22 with a 16 inch barrel or a 21 inch barrel. heavy barrel will jsut add wait usualy heavier bull barrels are used to keep the heat of the barrel down, but when using a .22rf the amount of heat produce isnt much id go for the cz 452 style or silhoutte with a 16 inch barrel i dont think they have a choice of barrel thickness but the standard size is fine as far as your concerned.

luam

i dont think there much difference if any when using .22 with a 16 inch barrel or a 21 inch barrel. heavy barrel will jsut add wait usualy heavier bull barrels are used to keep the heat of the barrel down, but when using a .22rf the amount of heat produce isnt much id go for the cz 452 style or silhoutte with a 16 inch barrel i dont think they have a choice of barrel thickness but the standard size is fine as far as your concerned.

luam

In matter of fact, i had the silhouette 16" and style in mind, they both look nice with the synthetic stocks, but will see whats in stock on Thursday, and will keep updated when i make a decision.

Cheers.

The Ruger 10/22 is a great gun , mine has never jammed either (using eley subsonics) and even remington thunderbolts (cheap) feed 100% perfectly. it doesnt jam at all like some people seem to think

I think its 10x better than a bolt action :thumbs:

For a bolt action though the CZ is your choice (my Cz is in .17HMR)

-----------------------------------

My CZ and Ruger ;)

sq73ty.jpg

.17HMR CZ 452 ZKM Silhouette 22.5" Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle 245ft/lbs 2550fps

MTC Optics 6-24X56 Viper 30mm Side Parralex Adjustable Illuminated Scope

Harris Engineering Swivel Base 9-13" Type S Bipod

SAK .17HMR Rimfire Sound Moderator Suppressor

.22LR Ruger 10/22 Synthetic Blued 18.5" Semi Auto Rifle 191ft/lbs 1640fps

Bushnell Trophy 3-9X40 Premium Grade Optics Scope

SAK .22LR Rimfire Sound Moderator Suppressor

Edited by elvolcan
The Ruger 10/22 is a great gun , mine has never jammed either (using eley subsonics) and even remington thunderbolts (cheap) feed 100% perfectly. it doesnt jam at all like some people seem to think

I think its 10x better than a bolt action :thumbs:

For a bolt action though the CZ is your choice (my Cz is in .17HMR)

-----------------------------------

My CZ and Ruger ;)

sq73ty.jpg

.17HMR CZ 452 ZKM Silhouette 22.5" Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle 245ft/lbs 2550fps

MTC Optics 6-24X56 Viper 30mm Side Parralex Adjustable Illuminated Scope

Harris Engineering Swivel Base 9-13" Type S Bipod

SAK .17HMR Rimfire Sound Moderator Suppressor

.22LR Ruger 10/22 Synthetic Blued 18.5" Semi Auto Rifle 191ft/lbs 1640fps

Bushnell Trophy 3-9X40 Premium Grade Optics Scope

SAK .22LR Rimfire Sound Moderator Suppressor

Nice rifles mate, i love the tactical look ;)

Unless you are of Olympic standard, then you won't notice any different between the Sako and the CZ.

You are buying a name with the Sako. The only problem with the Sako that I have heard of is that they do not like to eject Live rounds and sometimes stick on an empty, however, this is only in .22LR.

Personally, I would get a CZ and use the money you save to get the best Glass possible for it.

I have a CZ in HMR. They are superbly accurate rifles for their money and seriously reliable. They will not let you down.

Mine is a wooden stocked version with the 16" Heavy Varmint barrel. TBH, if I bought another, I would opt for the normal "American" style version of any CZ rifle, the extra money for the shorter, fatter barrel simply isn't needed.

If you compare the short barrel and long barrel in .22LR the only difference you notice is velocity, where the difference will be minute.

Happy Shooting :thumbs:

Thanks SS, and as seen by most of the comments im assuming there's not much difference in .22lr, either with barrel length and thickness, and i guess the gun dealer will tell me the same anyway, but id rather have an heads up before i get there :)

Cheers Ryan.

Air Arms S200

2 years ago , just like you i got my first FAC and rimfire , a Cz Varmint .22 and i can honestly say i havn't had any problems whatsoever. Im still using the factory fitted trigger, even though quite a few people say they are too heavy.

As i was on a budget i went for the cheapest silencer i could find , a Parker Hale and when used with subsonic ammo the silence is eery. As for ammo , i've tried a few different brands but am now using Winchester Super X's .

Bullets002.jpg

As i was a Air rifle nut for many years i got into the habit of using a spirit level to avoid canting the rifle and keeping the bore level , so i just had to have one fitted to my Varmint ,

John

1-1.jpg