sea trout off the beach

Had a good do on the sea trout last night up here on a local beach armed with 9-10 foot rods and plenty of sandeels.

Been out most of this week but havent hit it off, until last night, caught 2 one at 3lb and another cracker at 4lb fishing was good conditions were better t shirt weather! :icon_eek:

what a buzz fishing these things, when they take its only one way you go, you run for the sea and hold on, pound for pound cant be beaten!!

heres a few pics, 3 in total 2 for me and 1 for my fishing buddy.

this cant be scotland?

troutstand2.jpg

first one on the beach at 2lb for my mate

troutstand1.jpg

my first at 3lb

firstseatrout.jpg

second and best of the night at 4lb

troutlge.jpg

all 3

troutstand3-1.jpg

ablsaloutly belting night, when these things hit your rod goes flying across the sand and you have to chase them, some guys up the beach caught 2 at 4lb and 5lb, but we have had them up to 8lb and even had some straighten our hooks so they must be there over the 10lb figure.

Edited by thurso jack

Fished all night for sea trout on Monday. Caught two rather stale fish of about 1.5lb returned both as they were not at their best. Caught one at dusk and the other at dawn. Not a touch in between.

Still nice to be out.

Tight Lines

Aled