Anyone else seeing load of woodies

My house is located in a small valley and i am seeing pigeons flying through in there 10ns and have see all ready 50 pigeons this morning, will be going to a farm where theres loads to do a bit of roost shooting, anyone else seeing load of of them ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing them all over now. :yes: I've been seeing them in pairs here on the estate for a while now, but the numbers seem to be on the increase. I'm also seeing them in other parts of the town where I've never seen them before. Same with collared doves.

Guest Bubbleduck

There are loads of them on my shoot and I've plenty in my freezer at the moment.

I don't like shooting them unless I can do something useful with them as it seems such a waste. I don't know anyone who likes them to eat and I have asked the local butchers but they said there's no demand for them round here. Any ideas on what I can do with them? :unsure:

Loads of collared doves as well.

My house is located in a small valley and i am seeing pigeons flying through in there 10ns and have see all ready 50 pigeons this morning, will be going to a farm where theres loads to do a bit of roost shooting, anyone else seeing load of of them ?

Iv quite a few with me working the clova but i have a bean field they were working & got 21 woodies 4 rooks & 1 scut in 2.1/2hr. I dont like shooting them at this time of year unless i really have to & as for roost shooting them its not the time of year & the woods would be better left in peace for the other wildlife & save disturbance its a busy place with new life give it respect.

noticed hundreds tuesday where i was working there is alot of barley and they were going down in the tyre tracks. then on wednesday come home and there was hundreds on the fieald at bottom of garden doin the same thing .

grabed the 12 and shot 50 in couple of hours no hide just sitting in the grass :whistling: