Spot the Fake Talpex

• 10 months later...

I was doing some research on new magnum talpa traps and came across this thread. I am surprised how enthusiastic some of you are about Talpex style traps. Whilst I do find them an excellent trap in some situations they suffer many of the same problems as scissor traps, i.e. on stony ground they not infrequently get jammed open by a stone, thus letting the mole escape. In winter the soil freezes round the trap thus rendering it inoperable, and the magnum talpa is unusable in sheep fields as they get kicked over. Duffus suffers none of these problems.

I was doing some research on new magnum talpa traps and came across this thread. I am surprised how enthusiastic some of you are about Talpex style traps. Whilst I do find them an excellent trap in some situations they suffer many of the same problems as scissor traps, i.e. on stony ground they not infrequently get jammed open by a stone, thus letting the mole escape. In winter the soil freezes round the trap thus rendering it inoperable, and the magnum talpa is unusable in sheep fields as they get kicked over. Duffus suffers none of these problems.

Yes I agree wth you there, although I always operate the trap and ensure its free to fire when setting, and clear any obstructions... But wet/freezing conditions can hamper them, as it clogs, when covering them..lot of sheep farms have mole problems, so yes the sheep can knock them more as they protrude, although I still use them with success...I use dufus and talpa, and both do the job very well...

I tend to use two dufus to one talpex on each mole if the one dont have him the other will,I trap a hell of a lot of sheep ground dont get to much problem,thinking of adding some different traps to my arsenal

what are the fenns like and where is the best place to buy thempost-5621-127084259699_thumb.jpg

Edited by heart of wales

I tend to use two dufus to one talpex on each mole if the one dont have him the other will,I trap a hell of a lot of sheep ground dont get to much problem,thinking of adding some different traps to my arsenal

what are the fenns like and where is the best place to buy thempost-5621-127084259699_thumb.jpg

HoW

The FENN Mole Traps these days are a scissor type, which it just so happens I do have in stock ......whistling.gif

post-2748-127085053592_thumb.jpg

HoW

The FENN Mole Traps these days are a scissor type, which it just so happens I do have in stock ......whistling.gif

post-2748-127085053592_thumb.jpg

They look nice and light, How much would ten be including delivery

plus do you want a free stand at the game fair in August.