What would you do ?

I only have one piece of land that both the landowner and myself know suffers from poachers. The landowner has made it clear to me that I am the only person with any shooting/hunting rights on the land and to get rid of anyone else I see.

I have in turn made it clear to him that I will more than happily do this, but by means of calling the police.

Any advance towards, and any conflict with other persons, whilst you are holding a gun (even if it is slung over your back) is likely to get you in more trouble than the poacher!!

That's the trouble with this PC world we live in!

do you honestly think the police will drop everything to come out to a couple of poachers and an irrate hunter???? you will of starved to death before they would turn up and thats even if the police could find the field you were in.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one piece of land that both the landowner and myself know suffers from poachers. The landowner has made it clear to me that I am the only person with any shooting/hunting rights on the land and to get rid of anyone else I see.

I have in turn made it clear to him that I will more than happily do this, but by means of calling the police.

Any advance towards, and any conflict with other persons, whilst you are holding a gun (even if it is slung over your back) is likely to get you in more trouble than the poacher!!

That's the trouble with this PC world we live in!

do you honestly think the police will drop everything to come out to a couple of poachers and an irrate hunter???? you will of starved to death before they would turn up and thats even if the police could find the field you were in.....

Yes chap...and F*****g quick too, and if they didn't I would have the Chief Constables nuts for diner! :thumbs: The Police work for us as well as against us, when you need assistance you get it OR you kick up one hell of a stink!!

you should of stayed hidden,as soon as the dogs got well away from these poachers and it was a safe shot,get your breathing right and gentlely sqweeze the trigger..its fine having a well hard dad but carrying a dead dog off the field tends to put people off from cuming back.................im sure alot of lads will respond by saying "i'd kill anyone that hert my dogs"..but if you want to poach its the game you play........... :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

ps if you were using an air rifle i perhaps wouldnt take the shot :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

why take it out on their dogs and if their not worrying livestock could be you thats in trouble.
you should of stayed hidden,as soon as the dogs got well away from these poachers and it was a safe shot,get your breathing right and gentlely sqweeze the trigger..its fine having a well hard dad but carrying a dead dog off the field tends to put people off from cuming back.................im sure alot of lads will respond by saying "i'd kill anyone that hert my dogs"..but if you want to poach its the game you play........... :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

ps if you were using an air rifle i perhaps wouldnt take the shot :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

why take it out on their dogs and if their not worrying livestock could be you thats in trouble.

yes mate but if you shoot the poachers then you are in the sh*t....much better just shooting the odd terrier or lurcher....if there on your land who's to say they wernt worrying stock.......a good taxedermy terrier would complement your trophy room.....stuffed poacher would take up far to much space :big_boss::big_boss::big_boss:

Edited by woz

Oh Dear..off we go again!!

Perhaps we need another section for POACHERS, so they can all pat their own backs and plead the case of why the world has got it in for them!! :hmm::whistling::whistling:

yes mate but if you shoot the poachers then you are in the sh*t....much better just shooting the odd terrier or lurcher....if there on your land who's to say they wernt worrying stock.......a good taxedermy terrier would complement your trophy room.....stuffed poacher would take up far to much space :big_boss::big_boss::big_boss:

Lol are you serious?

Start shooting a trespasser's dog and the police will revoke FAC / Arrest surely

Just call the Rozzers :thumbs-up:

Edited by elvolcan

Lol are you serious?

Start shooting a trespasser's dog and the police will revoke FAC / Arrest surely

Just call the Rozzers :thumbs-up:

we are meant to be in a bloody ressesion :wallbash: my taxedermy man wanted over £200 for the last lurcher,it wasnt even a bloody bull x.... :victory::victory::victory:

you wont be in the sh*t up in s.yorks any shot poachers and the police tell them it serves them right and i am being serious.atb

If people are wandering where they shouldn't, they should be challenged. This right to roam nonsense has given too many of the wrong sort the idea that they can go wherever they want.

Approching them in a polite manner can result in you being close enough to get the camera phone out and take their pictures. Poachers do not like this, but f**k them, they spoil it for all the folks who have cultivated their farmer contacts for years to get a bit of sport. Poachers do not like to be known, ordinary folks won't mind the camera.

It is a bit hard on the dog to shoot it, but in the event of things not going well with it's owners it can be your only recourse. A good friend took over the shooting on a farm between Evesham and Pershore and had terrible trouble getting rid of the local gyppos with their lurchers. He tried to be nice about it and approached them in a friendly manner and he got a trip to A&E for his pains. So he invited a policeman friend to go lamping with him, the gyppos arrived and, from a hedge, they watched the dogs working. Richard the policeman said to my mate, "shoot the lead dog". So steve did shoot, with his unmoderated .243. Oddly the gyppos cleared off, never even went to look at their dog. They have not been back. The moral of the story is an unfortunate one, where poachers are concerned, "might is right"!

I am with deker on this one.

ft

If people are wandering where they shouldn't, they should be challenged. This right to roam nonsense has given too many of the wrong sort the idea that they can go wherever they want.

Approching them in a polite manner can result in you being close enough to get the camera phone out and take their pictures. Poachers do not like this, but f**k them, they spoil it for all the folks who have cultivated their farmer contacts for years to get a bit of sport. Poachers do not like to be known, ordinary folks won't mind the camera.

It is a bit hard on the dog to shoot it, but in the event of things not going well with it's owners it can be your only recourse. A good friend took over the shooting on a farm between Evesham and Pershore and had terrible trouble getting rid of the local gyppos with their lurchers. He tried to be nice about it and approached them in a friendly manner and he got a trip to A&E for his pains. So he invited a policeman friend to go lamping with him, the gyppos arrived and, from a hedge, they watched the dogs working. Richard the policeman said to my mate, "shoot the lead dog". So steve did shoot, with his unmoderated .243. Oddly the gyppos cleared off, never even went to look at their dog. They have not been back. The moral of the story is an unfortunate one, where poachers are concerned, "might is right"!

ft

yes spot on better if you catch them with their kids a gun but in the face of an 11 year old does the trick your policeman freind will obviously turn a blind eye
:hmm: now to me if this happened on our land, you had permission to be there (our crew knew you) so all would be fine and as for the others :laugh: hell I'll run the crew on anything I don't think should be there :gunsmilie::big_boss::drink:

ft

how true is this story??? shoot a gypo's dog and get no come backs???? very strange especially around evesham....an foa was shot at by our travelling brothers with a high power rifle only six months ago

you wont be in the sh*t up in s.yorks any shot poachers and the police tell them it serves them right and i am being serious.atb

tthe dogs i keep are lurchers and springers av been at the poachin game 35 years due to never been able to gain permission if you are borne with the hunting gene you only lose it when you die.and nobody can stop you the antis or the law .its good to read about the.young hunters I thought i were a dyin breed exscuse my grammer cos a were never at school always out with dogs instead

your sig is very strange too

Guest busterdog

Have a Friend in Shropshire who owns the shooting rights to several estates, he said the only way to guaranty police will come is to mention badgers !!!

Don't like the idea of shooting dogs but i suppose its horses for courses, if all else fails crack on. I wouldn't like to think i had paid ex amount for the stalking or shooting for some tw*t to be on there helping himself.

Edited to say that i was that scrote twenty odd years ago, so theirs a chance they will grow out of it, even if it's a slim one. :icon_redface:

Edited by busterdog

tthe dogs i keep are lurchers and springers av been at the poachin game 35 years due to never been able to gain permission if you are borne with the hunting gene you only lose it when you die.and nobody can stop you the antis or the law .its good to read about the.young hunters I thought i were a dyin breed exscuse my grammer cos a were never at school always out with dogs instead

your sig is very strange too

theres poachers and 4x4 feild driving kill everything brigade all the same in some peoples eyes.