Burrow Blasting

Came across a really sickening sight this evening, I noticed a rabbit crawling along with most of it's fur burnt off.

Really terrible state. Did the decent thing and dispached it only to spot a couple of rabbits BLEEDING FROM THEIR EYES and one from it's nose and ears. All three could hardly move and let me approach them without seeming to realise i was there. More dispaching followed.

I finished my shoot and returned to my permissions house and told him about it.

He knew what had happened alright, the neighbouring farmers men had been burrow blasting that afternoon.

I'm no angel, can't be as I shoot and trap rabbit, BUT using a burrow blaster on warrens without clearing the rabbit first amounts to extreme cruelity in my mind. Ferret them, even gas them, but to do what I saw, they must be real ars$%^&es.

Has anyone else come across this or have I found the only sicko farmer in the UK?

Happen everywere, there were some good hedges on my patch until the Rodenator crews moved in, thank f**k they cant do the deep warrens.

Didn't know it was widespread but aren't these things and how they are used controlled, DEFRA, Natural England for example?????

Edited by camies

As far as i know it is ileagle to use them without clearing the Warrens first.

But some people just aint bothered by rules :no:

Now i'm sure we all break a few rules, but at the expense of making animals suffer?

I'd like to think that would only be a very small minority.

Now i'm sure we all break a few rules, but at the expense of making animals suffer?

:yes:

Highly illegal to use on occupied buries, the sooner they get banned the better. :angry:

what are they what do they do comming from the name its bad

They do exactly what it says on the tin,

They fill the burrow with gas, then ignite it blowing the shite out of the burrow and anything unfortunate enough to be in it.

what are they what do they do comming from the name its bad

They do exactly what it says on the tin,

They fill the burrow with gas, then ignite it blowing the shite out of the burrow and anything unfortunate enough to be in it.

WTF? and theres people that come on here and print out pages to use in court against us when we do in the most humain way we can and

if you look on google there are forums for fans of burrow busting.

Guest MickyB

I know a few arsehole cowboy so-called pest controllers up here that use them , and il tell you now, I know for a fact that each of them use the rodenator to kill vermin in their holes. There is no attemt made to first clear burrows, its absolutely sickening :angry:

I would urge anyone who has evidence of this happening to call DEFRA immediatly, as this isnt just illegal and totally immoral, but they are getting payed for this aswell... the sooner these disgusting pieces of shit are removed from use the better!!!

I was led to believe that rabbits are protected by the wildlife act in some way, and that they have to be doing some damage to warnant being classed as a pest, and thats why we need permission to remove them, I think that its classed as an act of cruelty by law to blow them up in there burrows because you cant humanely dispatch any that are not killed by the blast, I think I read some were that DEFRA are sat on the fence about there use, I too think they should be banned, if landowners want them dead in there burrows, then they should pay to have them gassed.

Guest air gunner

That is outrageose!! there are plenty of air gunners out and around who would be willing to dispatch the rabbits in a humaine way for a little cash. If any farmers are on here in the cambridge area who want rabbits removed im your man.

That is outrageose!! there are plenty of air gunners out and around who would be willing to dispatch the rabbits in a humaine way for a little cash. If any farmers are on here in the cambridge area who want rabbits removed im your man.

For cash!!!!!!!! Loads of people struggle to get it for free