The are some earths that ive had 2 or 3 digs or bolts in one season and they continue to hold foxes every season , and theres also some earths that I have found and had one fox out of it and nevet ever gets occupied ever again

whats the most foxes you have had out of the same earth over the period you have been working them

Edited by busterbuster1969

:good: i have had 8 in one season on two seperate occasions from an earth. On both occasions the earths were small little things. I have earths where i can pretty much guarentee a fox every febuary...without fail, and these places still hold during the season as well. Some earth will be occupied and successfully worked every month for a season and then never hold anything again.... :icon_eek::blink: We used to work one earth under a farm track, the farmer wanted them gone and so we worked this earth every three weeks. It was hard digging but very productive. I have had some great success from drains too, once having 6 foxes in a season from one urban drain.... :good:
seven out of the same earth over one season. a mall three holer about three feet deep :good:

It depends to a certain degree on how you leave the place .We always make good with branches over the tube before backfill ,even in stop ends .The added bonus is that you arnt scratching about for the last bit of soil to make good .Weve had 9 from an earth by a slurry pit ,10 if you include the original occupant . :ph34r: All winter foxes .

i think foxdropper makes a good point. you will have a better chance of having another ocupant in the earth if we make them good. how many times have we bein to earths to find them left open and others that have just bein backfilled any old how.