big head now boiled out

Guest remmy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The weight is certainly there Dave might have been better to put a measuring tape up the side that's were a lot of the points are scored i shot a head last season its wet weight was 683 and it finished at 603 still made gold but only just making 130.7. his length was 26.5 cent

Hi dave, i`ve had heads at 550 grams make gold so i wouldn`t worry about it, don`t cut it before its measured as they can only deduced 90 grams for uncut heads, you might cut more than that off!

Guest remmy

i took it up to a guy who measures heads at scone for the bds and he recons it will go gold, i have to wait the 90days for it to get done so fingers crossed it will make it. alb remmy.

[i hope it wasn't Alister Trumpet from Stirling he could measure his cock .I though he had been took of the CIC measureing team.

With regards it going gold i am sure it will time will tell. Foxy had a gold that went silver also ha ha

Remmy,

I'm sure it will make a gold mate.

I had a buck a few years ago that dried out to 610g and ended up with a score of 139.

The most important factor is the volume as you will make more points off that than from the weight.

Mark.

[i hope it wasn't Alister Trumpet from Stirling he could measure his cock .I though he had been took of the CIC measureing team.

With regards it going gold i am sure it will time will tell. Foxy had a gold that went silver also ha ha

How do you know its a silver , have you got a crystal ball as it hasnt been measured yet .

It will be getting measured at Scone so I will let you know ;)

[Only only presumed that you new the score of the head you shot and said in one of your previous posts that your head weighed out at a silver. Christal balls i might have but no Christal ball :o

( FOXHUNTER WROTE)Ive got a silver in the cupboard , wonder what it would fetch ??????????

Edited by wireviz
[Only only presumed that you new the score of the head you shot and said in one of your previous posts that your head weighed out at a silver. Christal balls i might have but no Christal ball :o

( FOXHUNTER WROTE)Ive got a silver in the cupboard , wonder what it would fetch ??????????

Yep I have got a silver in the cupboard but that was a different buck shot a few years ago ;)

I am hoping that this one makes Gold , not that I desire trophies just I think it is every roe stalkers dream !!!

[i AM SURE IT IS EVERY STALKERS DREAM TO SHOOT GOLD AND I AM SURE IF I EVER GET ANOTHER POTENTIAL GOLD I WILL NOT GET ALISTER TROOP TO MEASURE ITpost-34278-1243620514.jpg

This one i got a few weeks back and i am sure will make a medal

Edited by wireviz

well

to add fuel to the fire so to speak

i was that annoyed with the treatment i recieved at the Scone game fair the last 2 years running. i was very privileged to be able to go in 2 years running to have heads measured, but the service i recieved was shocking.

I was treated and spoken to like i was the sh!t on someone's shoe. i was ignored whilst waiting for over 10 minutes to be seen when returning in the afternoon to pick up my roe head.....only for a guy dressed like a laird to walk in and they were fawning all over him...i excused myself explaining i had been waiting and what i was there for...only to be glowered at and looked down their noses so much im surprised they could see.

I understand they meet up and a chance for them all to get together but they are also there to provide a service!!! and just because im joe blogss and not some toff?!?!?!?!

i have a head this year and i have sent it down south ....i refuse to put them into Scone now.

i was considering now looking at the service that BASC & Dominic griffith are providing.

sauer

Edited by sauer

Mine went to richard prior and i must admit to getting a good service i got the score sheet and the official certificate from the CIC. I think he is still the best and doesn't seem to have an axe to grind against honest hard working deerstalkers like some.

i tried to get Richard Prior but hes recovering form a hospital trip lately i was told but i sent it down to a guy cic in England, explained why i wasnt going to scone with it and service and attitudes etc he was very good on the phone and will see what he comes back with regarding my heads

sauer