Tesco Cree LED torches on sale (Boston)

Remember the Tesco Cree led torches that out perform some shooting lamps?

I bought a 3 watt 2AA cell Cree led torch from Tesco's yesterday for £8.00.

They have also reduced the D cell 3 watt version to £8.30 and the biggy 4 watt torch to £13.41 .

Both of these are a heck of a weight to stick on a rifle but the little 2AA one (Catalogue number: 203-8191) is a nice light little unit almost the same dimensions as a Stinger.

I got a four pack of AA Rechargeable Batteries from Aldi for £2.99.

I had read that the cree leds were bright and the 2AA one easily matched the stinger of my mate in range BUT it was not capable of producing a really tight focused beam. The rabbits I did light up were not startled by the brightness at 30(ish) yards and did amble away BUT the view through the scope was plenty good enough to sight in and I managed to cleanly drop one.

Anyone know where I can get a remote switch for one? That would finish the job off nicely.

For mounts I followed previous topics and used 22mm pipe clips back to back which clipped the torch securely onto my one inch scope tube.

All in all it's a good cheapy setup for those on a budget so many thanks to the forum members that wrote about it in the past.

can you put a pic up of the lamp on the gun would love to see it lol

As Requested:- Sorry about quality! 22mm Pipe clips back to back glued and screwed for the mounts.

Scope 1" Tasco (old school)

I just asked the same question.

Just got the tesco torch but it is quite chunky and the 1" Mounts i have for the scope will not fit around the torch.

So was wondering what to fix the toch to the scope with.

Also wondering where to get the end cap and how to make a colour end for the torch

Cheers

bloody thing nearly blinded me it that bright..... :blink:

i have seen the velcro clamp on ebay but was not sure it would hould the torch tightly, i was going to go down veals bristol and see if they had a double figure 8 clamp to fit the scope and torch