Prvi Partizan PPU Ammunition

Like I 'm sure everyone on here know's Ammunition prices are going up and up. The PPU .243 90gr at £49.50 looks very cheap. Has anybody used this in a Sako 75 and if so how does it group. I would guess not as good as some other premium makes. At the moment the gun is grouping half inch with Norma and Sako rounds at 100yards. I would be very interested to hear other peoples views. I know the cheapest option is to reload but I really don't shoot enough to justify all the gear!

Many thanks

Fastrac10

Like I 'm sure everyone on here know's Ammunition prices are going up and up. The PPU .243 90gr at £49.50 looks very cheap. Has anybody used this in a Sako 75 and if so how does it group. I would guess not as good as some other premium makes. At the moment the gun is grouping half inch with Norma and Sako rounds at 100yards. I would be very interested to hear other peoples views. I know the cheapest option is to reload but I really don't shoot enough to justify all the gear!

Many thanks

Fastrac10

Hi I use the same make in .222 for the Drilling! that would be a side by side with a rifle barrel undernneath I have had a floating barrel put into the right hand shotgun barrel in the callibre .222 for the foxes and roe deer.

they seem to be ok I have had a few that have drifted out of the group but normally you are looking at 1" at 100 yds.

Cheers HTS

Many thanks

Fastrac10

Are you getting it in Scotland?

I tried and failed, so went the reloading route!! Peter from Tayside shooting supplies tried a couple of times, but failed on lead time..

Can you not find someone with a press that you can buy dies for?

I did...accuracy is far better and a fraction of the cost.

I would consider Privi if I could try a box, but i'm not going to buy a hundred until I know how it works..

Prvi 90gr seems to be pretty good - my old 243 shot it OK, and deker's Tikka shoots it well. Definitely worth a look.

Thanks for that Mr L. If it shoots ok in Dekers Tikka then I would like to think it should be ok in the Sako. Sounds like I need to try some.

Fastrac10

Many thanks

Fastrac10

I tried and failed, so went the reloading route!! Peter from Tayside shooting supplies tried a couple of times, but failed on lead time..

I would consider Privi if I could try a box, but i'm not going to buy a hundred until I know how it works..

Have been in touch with Henry Krank who sell it and they said they are quite happy to supply Weldon Gun who I buy my ammunition from. I like you would only like to try a box first to see who they go, not very keen to take 100 rounds straight off! I now need to speak to Weldon to see if they are happy to put some in stock.

What is it costing you to reload yours and what bullets are you using?

Fastrac10

Many thanks

Fastrac10

Have been in touch with Henry Krank who sell it and they said they are quite happy to supply Weldon Gun who I buy my ammunition from. I like you would only like to try a box first to see who they go, not very keen to take 100 rounds straight off! I now need to speak to Weldon to see if they are happy to put some in stock.

What is it costing you to reload yours and what bullets are you using?

Fastrac10

Taking brass and reloading equipment out of the equation...about £35-40/100.

Using vit n140, 87bthp Hornady's.

As said my Tikka .243 Hunter is very partial to the 90g SP PRVI :thumbs: more than that, they expand well and seem to hit the deer hard!!! ...and as the barrels come out of the same factory as the Sako there is certainly hope!! :thumbs:

...and yes to everyone..they can still be found for under £50 for 100, and the brass is great for reloading I'm told!! :thumbs: