red eye 2

hi all,

had this woody yesterday morning from prone. my dad said he had seen some flapping at the end of the garden in some ivy covered trees (pigeons love ivy berries, the rees are 60 yards from the house) i loaded the s400 and got my rifle rest and set out on a long stalk up one side of the garden. i saw a branch moving vigourosly which indicated a pigeon feeding. i set down in prone (my garden is on a gentle upward slope) and waited. every now and then i saw a flash of wings or a tail feather popping up. i then saw its head poking out from some branches but still i had to wait as it was feeding. i had the stoney point rest so the shot was very steady and i anticipated where its head would be and took the shot. paced out at 47 yrds, the pigeon went down with out a flap. it was 1 mil holdover. and does anyone know how i remove red eye? :p

post-23173-126910460713.jpg

post-23173-126910461377.jpg

Well done Aaron, :clapper:

Corker of a shot :yes: but you didn't have to let him finish his meal 1st :tongue2:

Before you know it they'll all be wanting a last meal and a glass of wine before they die :laugh: :laugh:

Again Well Done

Phantom

Well done Aaron, :clapper:

Corker of a shot :yes: but you didn't have to let him finish his meal 1st :tongue2:

Before you know it they'll all be wanting a last meal and a glass of wine before they die :laugh: :laugh:

Again Well Done

Phantom

:laugh::clapper::laugh: its head was moving around a lot and i had to watch him for a while to work out where its head went after popping up from the ivy berries.

hmmm.... i think red eye isnt just in wood pigeons..... this was on of those remember forever shots,

Today i went for a wonder round at one of my shoots not expecting much but within 100m of walking i saw a rabbit layin prone, down i went and started stalking until i managed to laser it at 60m, just yesterday i was re-zeroing my gunpower storm and was hitting 1/2" groups at 40m so i was confident in a clean kill so i took the shot.... down it went.... very happy boy!!

went on to get quite a few more but will post that in another topic

ATB

post-41823-126919296376_thumb.jpg